Win7 Question

Oh ok, yeah that PSU is fine. No need to replace them until they die. 2 years old is nothing.

Fair enough, at the very least make sure the tower is long enough to fit a decent sized graphics card in it, you should be ok though.

I couldn’t imagine that they would charge too much. If you do decide to give it a go yourself, there are plenty of people here for guidance.

With the way that the sandy bridge CPUs clock, I’d say you’d be looking at 4.00GHz minimum.

Scratchy, honestly mate just do it yourself.

If your in doubt as to whether you would be able to manage it, goto your mobo of choice’s website and dl the manual for it and take a look. It goes through every step of installation and connections. Seems daunting without knowing how to do it, but trust me… the instructions are easy to follow, in sequence pretty much and cover most general troubleshooting.

id say most retailers will charge $100 odd to put it together for you … but doing it yourself will be much more enjoyable when its running… then snapping that cpu past 4ghz will be more fun… followed by a high end hsf to maximise the overclock, and then you will look to water to complete the change to full blown money waster heh.

Thus the path to righteousness is shown!!

Here is the asus manual for the board your looking at i think http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&s=39&m=P8P67-M&os=30&ft=12&f_name=E6425_P8P67-M.zip#E6425_P8P67-M.zip just hit the global link

As long as you know how to build it. Theres nothing like getting a computer at the store with the 24 pin connector forced on backwards and the motherboard screwed straight into the case (no posts) - also hilarious.

yeah well … if you havent mastered the art of using lego at all/and or dont know how to use a screwdriver -then id recommend getting the retailer to build it lol.

I do here you though Chromy - some certainly shouldnt attempt to build things themselves … but id say they fall into the “pfft - maunuals are for pussies/ common sense -what good is that” category

Now I’ve heard everything, they actually managed to get the 24 pin on backwards!

Yep. Madness. I’ve had a handful of the motherboard thing before.

Some PSU’s just have cheap connectors, so with a bit of force they will go in.

GoComp (AusComp) has a pc building service for free, which is probably my best option as I would probably managed to get the 24 pin on backwards. Only problem is for the same hardware they are about $20-30 more then from umart, then again they are alot closer to my place where umart is a 40+ minute drive away

I never thought that buying a new pc would be so much fun and stressful at the same time because the range

Just ordered the hardware…

AsusP8P67-M-PRO Motherboard $164
Intel i5 2500K - Unlocked - 3.3Ghz, LGA 1155, 6MB Cache $215
Corsair 8GB Kit, CMX8GX3M4A1600C9 $123
Coolermaster Hyper212 Plus $42
Antec Two Hundred The Versatile ATX Tower Case $59

Very sweet, the i5 won’t disappoint :shades:

Nice mate, you’ll love it.