Wii softmod

Hey peeps just recently did a softmod on my wii as my modchip (wiikey) has been superseded and hasn’t had updates etc and i can’t play current games.

So after a little google luvin I found some good sites with easy walkthrough’s to make the process so so easy. All you’ll need is a sd card and update your wii to version 4.2e (should be the latest) and follow the link…

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f16/wii-4-2e-softmod-tutorial-easy-follow-guide-67927/

Once softmod is complete you can use burnt copys of the games or simply place all your iso games files on a usb drive and alls sweet…

Sweet, so this works without a wiikey? Might have to look into it.

Yes nip no wiikey needed:wink2:

Sweet

wii is lame :stuck_out_tongue: i sold mine yonks ago, i was devo’d by the graphics

LOL, what do you expect from a $400 on release console. Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Brothers, Metroid Prime and wii sports, all awesome.

I should have put my son love’s the wii and i’m not wasting thousands on buying gams. :laugh:

We all know that the wii is the best console, outsold/outselling the PS3 and the 360 combined, LOL!

It’s really funny because Microsoft and Sony don’t consider the Wii a competitor due to it’s hardware limitations, but from a business viewpoint, Nintendo is in a class of their own. Sony and Microsoft would kill for those sales numbers. Not to mention that the DS has destroyed the PSP in the handheld market.

dont get me wrong some of the games i enjoyed, but we slowly stopped using it more and more, and the kids were just stupid with it.
So i sold it, whoever bought it off me got a crackin deal.

Id spent well over $1200 on console/games/accessories.

Sold it for $ 520 lol

Damn! You must of hated that thing.

Nintendo rocks for sure :stuck_out_tongue: But I still have my Super Nintendo which i occasionally play, I cbf buying consoles lol

Wii rocks so fun kids and adults better when adults are drunk lol

has anyone from OE actually done the softmod yet.

Im keen to know first hand if this works

Yes it works 100% new games like super Mario/Indiana 2/Ben 10 all work fine just follow the guide m8:ermm:

I got a lot of mileage out of my wii, mario galaxy and all those were fun and it was great when people were over. But in the end, I really do feel the pull of the hardcore hardcore games and my Xbox just fills that craving much better. Halo, Castle Crashers and Gears are just too damn awesome.

I saved about 1000 dollars on my wiikey though, it was good because you can play GC games too. Loved my GC games.

yea just looking at doing the same with my wii. If it works im keen as hell. where do u get ur games from?

Hey screech i’ve done 4 wii now with the guide i posted and all have worked fine…Most torrent sites have wii games just google search and just make sure to use good quailty dvd’s and img-burn will burn them nps.

I’ve really got to get around to doing this…

haha i might have ago tommorow