The time is nearing

In a about a month or two I should be able to afford a new system so post your builds here price will be between 2000-2500 and needs to include 2x 24inch 2ms monitors, 1xssd drive, 1x2tb HD, g19 keyboard,no mouse and a case $$$

Couple points about this build
-Motherboards fairly solid and gives you 2 sata3 ports for your hard-drives
-I’d probably go with the vertex 3 ssd but they’re sold out here… there also about 120 bucks more expensive for the cheapest one
-I don’t know if you need a set of headies so a chose a pair, normally i’d recommend plantronics 777 but there also sold out atm.
-don’t know if you have a specific interest in amd or intel but for that price range i thought intel was the better choice
-It’s a little overbudget but there are somethings you can cut down on, smaller ssd, less expensive graphics card, next cpu model down… i’d start with those before changing others… unless there are certain aspects you feel are overkill for your needs.

Panth’s posted a monster build, and as he said there’s room to trim it down if needed. Assuming your monitors and KB are off limits:

• use an i5 2500K. Still a crazy powerful CPU, saves you ~$140.
  • You could trim a little off the mobo if you switch to a Gigabyte P67 UD3 (save $60)
  • I still don’t see the need for more than 4GB of ram. Using the G.Skill 1600 2x2GB set saves you $110.
  • The ever popular CM 692 case shaves off another $60.
  • I reckon the gfx card choice is a solid one. A move many people have done is flash the bios to unlock the extra power features. BAM - instant 6970.

Those changes bring add up to $370, I’d be surprised if there was any real change at all in gaming performance.

/thread

OMG…Im counting the days till the post says

“Im Back”

just in time for Bf3. :yahoo:

Heh got about 1800 saved hopefully Easter won’t punish it to much 11 days off. I’ll look at umart tonight see what I can see cheers for the builds abit of food for thought and I can drop the keyboard and headset for now and the 2 tb is going into the media center and a 1 tb is coming out into this computer so I can grab a samsung cheaper most likely, and I want a bigger ssd as I think they have faster seek times

only way to get a faster ssd is go vertex 3 or a pci-e one

Might go a haf case

Cabby’s system looks the goods imo, if it were me I’d be going for a 6950 for the exact reason John brought up. Bit of a saving right there.

Ask yourself whether you want to OC or not as it will determine how much you need to spend on a CPU and even the mobo. I’ve OC’ed a system based on the exact same cpu and mobo as cabby posted to 5.00GHz as a stable 24/7 clock (under water). They are monsters and completely overkill if you have no intention of pushing them. Even the cheaper UD3 type boards are able to handle a highly clocked CPU fairly easily. A 2500K would be very good also if you don’t care about hyper threading. Since I upgraded my CPU, I can’t say that having ht on 24/7 has made my PC feel any faster, makes a hell of a difference in a benchmark though. There’s one thing I can say safely, even if you aren’t going to OC and you still want a sandy bridge system, get a “K” processor as they only cost a tiny bit more than the regular versions which hardly clock at all.

lol … a price max is put up so the builds push as close as possible to it.

8 threads does nothin for gaming … more for benchong/encoding.

cabs corsair ax850 is awesome … if you plan on using dual cards. 750w or less for sub $200 is smarter.

mobo is the same … asus p67 entry or giga/asrock boards are fine if dual cards arent needed.

thats where id look for saving some $$$

I pretty went for the best for the price, like you guys said, save money on a smaller psu, cheaper mobo, gpu, or a 2600 cpu. It’ll only get cheaper with my system if you change a few things.

I’d take a 2500[COLOR=Red]K[/COLOR] over a regular 2600 every time.

is it worth going 2x4g ram modules or not worth having 8g

not really

cool umart hasn’t got the HIS card and GD has it for $425
any other brands giga-byte has a 2g one for $308
or the xfx runs up over 400

GD suck, ITS Direct is great if you can’t get it off Umart

http://www.itsdirect.com.au/products/HIS-ATI-Radeon-6970-2GB-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card/view/detail/category_id/48/Product_ID/12366/sub_category/234/

http://www.itsdirect.com.au/products/Sapphire-ATI-Radeon-6970-2GB-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card/view/detail/category_id/48/Product_ID/12350/sub_category/234/

CoolerMaster RC-932-KKNI HAF Black Case $165
Corsair TX-850 ATX Power Supply 140mm fan $178
Noctua NH-U12P Special Edition SE2 $85
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit OEM $204
Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (2x XMS3 2GB) PC-12800 $55
Benq G2420HD 24inch Wide Full HD 2ms HDMI DVI D-Sub Gloss x2
$390
Asus P8P67 PRO L1155 P67 4x DDR3 SATA3 SATA2 eSATA RAID Firewire USB3. $235
Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155 3.4GHz CPU $355
OCZ 120G Vertex III Series SSD $339
$2006
so far i’m looking at this just need a vid card and should be able to build it soon enough

Ordered pickup today hopefully snap

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Good news!