The Motorsport Thread!

Kind of happy I came home drunk after the Blues spanked the Bombers, completely forgot about the race. Would of been sour for the majority of it anyway after Webber’s mishap.

From reading about the race, looks like Vettel was untouchable. That shortened 7th gear seemed to help. I still want to catch the replay of the race.

Untouchable is putting it mildly. Apart from a poor start (he fell to 2nd) he absolutely creamed 'em. Even managed to pull of a ballsy pass on Alonso…even I don’t mind if the sniveling little turd wins if he’s going to pull of such moves. Although can’t help but wonder if Hamilton/Button may have been able to challenge him had they not had such poor starts/been held up in the early part of the race.

Yeah right. Assuming you are talking about Schumacher driving two cars wide again, lol.

Was two cars wide and then some. Was great racing for the most part, only [ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEWSnJnoypM&NR=1”]this incident[/ame] was a little unsavory imo. Allowed Button to get past, and then Schumacher finally made a mistake next corner as his tires were gone which meant Button got past, and got preference over Lewis in the pits, which basically ruined his race. The Mercedes cars were so much faster in a straight line it wasn’t funny though - the McLarens still only had a 3/4 km/hr advantage with Kers & DRS.

Thought this was cool.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvZoZSysepQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Abu Dhabi for the first time this weekend. Cant wait to see how it all plays out - should be awesome to watch.

First true laps there, tyre wear will be interesting - thousands of simulator laps will help but this will be where the drivers show their mettle imo.

Surely India is next then Abu Dhabi? Unless they’ve changed it at the last minute.

Haha yeah was about to say unless they’re racing in Abu Dhabi tonight, then I’m fairly certain it’s the Indian GP on this weekend :stuck_out_tongue:

ahh fuck me dead… i meant india … since ive enjoyed watching them at abu dhabi

been a looooong week so bear with me

So the season is done and dusted. I didnt watch the race and so missed Webbers win :frowning:

The post match report and interviews will have to do.

Hurry up 2012!!!

Same here, typical. I’ll be waiting for the replay on One HD.

After weeks of speculation Renault confirmed on Tuesday that Kimi Raikkonen will make a comeback to race for the team in 2012. Raikkonen, who left the sport at the end of 2009 to pursue a rallying career, has signed a two-year agreement with the team

Very interesting times ahead for Renault ( named Lotus next yr) - cant wait for it :slight_smile:

I came across that yesterday and wasn’t sure how to react. I’m pretty happy to see Kimi back in all honesty, despite being as interesting as a block of wood. I’m hoping Lotus can provide him with a quality car as he has proven himself to be a top tier driver after winning the WDC with Ferrari.

I think it will be exciting as he will be able to push the team imo. Only a couple of years off is alot easier than a gap like MS i would assume.

I just hope Daniel did enough to get a crack in a better car. His progression was really good i thought - be good to see him in something that can overtake lol.

Same here, even still I think Schumi could be doing better than he currently is. Considering he re-started his career in a car that was developed around JB (a driver that is known for his smoothness, this is contrasted against MS who has always preferred a twitchy/oversteering setup), so I think Kimi has a good chance to recover if the car can be developed to suit his style.

I think DR did very well this season, especially against his team mate which are often your biggest rival in this sport.

http://www.itv.com/formula1/news/2011/7/fia-confirms-exhaust-rules-u-turn-7244/

back to the old exhaust rules we go lol

Be interesting to see how dominant RBR cars are now (one in particular, haha).

Dont forget its German GP weekend @ the mighty Nurburgring

Webber is looking fast with a top time for Prac 2. Hope Ricciardo gets a few good laps in during qualy… he seems about 1 sec of his TM atm

Interesting Qualy - Webber showed some serious pace but Hamiltons speed was unexpected. To split the Red Bulls is something thats rarely done this year. I Wonder if Webber will finally make a decent start or just ruin the advantage once again lol.

Ricciardo closed the gap but still will start from last… at least he will get the clean start again and hopefully keeep his nose clean for another finish.

Was real happy to see Webber get pole for this race. Honestly, he needs to break through and get his first win for the season, he’s second in the WDC but he’s yet to take a race, shows good consistency though.

I’m impressed with Ricciardo considering his age, the experience he is gaining with HRT now will surely help him develop, can’t wait to see him in a more competitive car.