Star Wars: The Old Republic

Well WoW failed to consume too much of my time and money, but I’m warning ye all this may destroy my life (and thus my cod ability) if it can possibly live up to my ridiculously huge hopes and expectations.

Can’t watch this at work, but if it’s the trailer with the sith in the jedi temple, then it is also the one that forced me to grab some new underwear.

A solid interview I’m in the middle of reading:

http://www.mmogamer.com/06/11/2009/a-new-hope-for-mmos

Haha wazza, the E3 clip you posted above is the one I posted in the spam thread 2 weeks ago… Nice to know you didn’t watch it after all my trouble of posting the link (goes off to sook).

Seriously though this game looks epic.

they are ruining a perfectly good series to make it a mmo :frowning: i enjoyed the first 2 but i will not pay monthly for the 3rd

lol Nip I did watch it then, just reposting for anyone that doesn’t keep up with the spammage :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed a monthly fee will suck balls, which again is why it’ll need to be freakin awesome for me to stick around.

Been meaning to give KOTOR 1 a crack, got it installed just haven’t given it the time. And forever keeping an eye on the KOTOR 2 restoration project, work harder you modding slaves!!!

I agree with you oxygen, although it will be an awesome mmo (I haven’t played one that I thought was good yet) I still think that games that focus on having a story to tell should stay away from the mmo style.

Yeh, the story telling will be vital if i’m going to stay around.

FYI the guy in the interview James Ohlen was also the Creative Director and lead designer on Bg 1 & 2, NWN, KOTOR and Dragon Age. If anyone can make an intruiging MMO, it’ll be bioware!

wicked video - got me hooked already.

So its a MMO right? Disappointing if it is…

As far as I’m concerned, BIOWARE made Mass Effect, anything else they touch will turn to gold.

As far as I care, a RPG has to have a good story to keep me interested. MMORPG’s don’t seem to focus too much on that aspect as they aim to give the players as many quests as possible, that is my opinion only.

Maybe Bioware will set a new high and make an MMO that feels like a regular RPG with the pros of it being a MMO, like raids and… I don’t really know anything about MMO’s lol.

Basically if SW:TOR, is similar to the first 2 gameplay and story wise, I will like it. If it is like WoW then I doubt it will be for me.

Im with you on that one Nip - better not be like WoW

i doubt it, i mean hot bounty hunter babes FTW

Unfortunately for me Cabby, it takes more than hot CG women to make a game good imo.

also this should be the first MMO that should have full voice acting for everyone at launch

that sounds more promising.

From that interview, there isn’t meant to be a single quest copied across to different classes or factions. If I hear of a single mission requiring me to bullseye 10 wamprats, I’ll go huddle and cry in a corner. Also curious to see if the combat system is indeed fast paced with multiple enemies (as opposed to WoW combat) or if that’s just PR spin.

No release date yet so I daresay it’s at minimum a year away, prolly longer :ermm:

I’d rather they do a good job and bring this out late. I’m not even going to bother if it has generic missions such as your wamprat example as part of the main quest. I doubt they will sink that low though, it looks like it is going to be half decent at worst.

Still, I can’t help but think that by going up the mmo route, they are setting themselves up for a fall. This game is going to have to get WoW addicts to switch, otherwise I can’t see it succeeding.

Like you said previously John, if anyone can make a good MMORGP, it will be Bioware.

no doubt i think it’ll do what WoW did to the WC RTS games and screw so there’s no real decent story they can put to it therefore no WC4 ><

so its going to be pay to play then?

I can only assume so, its the way the majority of MMOs are these days. But it’s still early days yet, gonna be ages before we have any specific info :frowning:

gameplay footage XD

delicious :yes: