Slow Internet

Gday all

Last couple of days internet very slow. Have wireless broadband. Rang telstra, did some stuff but main thing they told me to turn off windows firewall and leave free avg on. Internet faster but stil not 100%. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

What wireless modem do u have bushy…

Thanks for the reply Mac

Have got a bigpond ultimate

Tried a lot of antivirus and malware protection since the post, nothing found. Plugged in my iphone with a hotspot and internet worked great. Rang telstra again and replugged in the stick/router and everything worked well. Sorry for the false alarm but had 2 days of crap, had to play skyrim. I think there might be a problem with my bigpond device but will have to at until it plays up again.

As said above sorry for the false alarm but was worried.

Should be able to play on sunday.

Thanx

I feel your pain bushy, having lived with wireless bband for quite some time (thankfully, I am no longer a slave to it). I’d dare suggest though, that it’s simply part & parcel of being on said wireless network. When it’s working fine, there’s no doubting it really is excellent, but we regularly went through periods where for no apparent reason everything slowed down, sometimes it was for an hour or 2, sometimes for a week, but it always came good. Not saying this is your problem, but if you’re only new to the wireless bband network, don’t be surprised if it’s something that happens from time-to-time.