Show Us your Rigs & General Tech Chat

yeh looks pretty sweet should design a case seeing ive got access to laser cutters and brake presses making that shit wouldnt be hard

some of the photos

Very nice man, kickass system you have there.

That would be awesome.

Looks good woven…

MCW82 tops are finally here from the USA, also bought a new keyboard for my HTPC. Be stuffed if I was forking out ~$150 for a dinovo mini, this thing cost me $42 with shipping and seems to work fine. Granted, the build quality wouldn’t be the same, but it’s good enough, even has backlit buttons which is handy.

nice

Took one of the cards apart today to have a look. Few of the thermal pads ripped when the cooler came off so I can’t start using the card again till the last of the bits and pieces arrive. So single GPU for me, sigh.

Most annoying thing is that I thought that the standard 260 heatsink had a removable GPU cooler, which means I could keep using it for the memory/VRM chips. Not so. Was going to cost around $70 (on top of what I’ve already spent for the blocks, new tops, tubing, fittings) but luckily I found some really cheap ramsinks on ebay from Hong Kong. So hopefully they will do the job.

It’s really funny, what was meant to be a cheap way of cooling these cards has become expensive, good news is that the majority of the cost can be written off over many graphics cards, otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered cooling these old things at all.

yeah its always the way though, ill go the cheaper method to save $$$ and it ends up being the same price or worse than the dear method lol … im still going lol.

Will be good when they are both done and in the loop though :slight_smile:

Im trying to decide if i want to keep this 6970 or not at the moment lol

Just adds further proof that water cooling is never cheap, haha.

Yeah can’t wait, only using plastic elbows for the time being (metal fittings would of sent the price through the roof), but they are blue like my tubing so it shouldn’t look to far out of place.

I’m finally getting my new Gaming Rig on Sunday =)
I’ll post some pics when I’ve got it.

nice

The case I’m getting will be sent down sometime this week. The i7 2600K, 16GB 1600MHz and 60GB SSD all run amazing.

Tt should really stay away from peripherals : http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_1214&products_id=17567

Some bloody ugly headphones right there

6870X2 for $500 … not bad at all.

not a bad little power house for the price, still having had both single and dual core cards, i prefer single, driver stability ftw

If this is true… in a few yrs we’ll need new gpus big time lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKUuUvDSXk4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

then there are posts/tweets etc like this

Will have to just wait and see what happens in the future with it :slight_smile:

Notch pretty much summed up everything I was going to say nicely.

yeah, i agree with notch on this

Yeah, just thinking about the amount of storage that would be required for such detail (whether primary or secondary) would make me think it won’t be possible, not any time soon.

On an unrelated note, extra tubing and some primochill blue 90 elbows arrived the other day. Just waiting on the ramsinks and then I can start water cooling my cards. Will need to hack something up for the VRMs, I have some old heat sinks lying around which may do the job.

Otherwise, I’m going to cut the VRM section off the original heatsink and use that, I don’t care any more as the cards have practically no resale value anyway. It’s not that bad as it will still possibly be able to be reverted to it’s stock cooling, it’s just that the VRM section of the cooler will be separated from the GPU/vram section. I’m really starting to favour this idea. Got it from here: http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=134298.0;prev_next=prev

Im sorry, i thought this was the spam thread.