Show Us your Rigs & General Tech Chat

So finally updated the cooler on my CPU and got rid of that factory intel POS. Quick prime test showed huuuuuuuge results, full load 51degrees o.O previously well… 89 or so. Idle is also down under 30.

What difference across the cores is acceptable? Highest was 51 lowest was 46 under prime. So 5 degrees difference.

Guess its time to clock it? :shades:

Yeah mate temp variation is fine - time to up the clocks indeed :shades:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5261/amd-radeon-hd-7970-review/1

i wish i made more dosh to get this monster when it comes out

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkQ5Y6RlAwU[/ame]

Not awesome tech but hey - 2 x 640gb notebook externals(ones for bro in law to be filled) and a wd live( all brand spankas) for free is still awesome. Its good having the bro in law running a jb hifi store :slight_smile:

This year is starting out quite good :yes:

good stuff, cant complain for free :smiley:

That’s awesome, I wouldn’t of turned it down.

New keyboard, mouse, and speakers:

Logitech Z623, Steelseries Sensei and Corsair K60.

how are the red switches?

you had to get the keyboard didnt ya lol.

Mmmm sensei … im still deciding - the bloody corsair still drags my attention too :confused:

Very nice.

Nice chromy…

Feels good. Undecided between the two, blue seemed more responsive.

The Corsair KB is only partial mechanical, ie F-keys, keys to INS/PG Up/down are membrane.

Not as loud as the blues for sure.

Corsair is easier to clean as the keys are raised.

No macro keys! (a plus in my world)

Would recommend the Corsair over the Razer, much better build quality and no glossy surfaces :smiley:

Dude, the keyboard was paid for in November. Damn delays.

The big red button on the M60 is kinda ugly. You should try it for me :stuck_out_tongue:

duuuuuuuuude - I will try the M60 - but how will we know which is better lol

Dude. Magic internet hands

http://www.million-dollar-pc.com/systems-2011/murderbox-mk2/murderbox-mk2.htm

FMD

Wow, that’s unreal. Unbelievable amount of detail, those nickel plated copper pipes (so I assume) look so good.

Freakin awesome system…

Triple Channel eh Az… Haha, can’t wait to see what’s undoubtedly around the corner. That X-Station looks nice, be awesome to run all fan and molex headers from one point.

Yes, more watercoolers, more, more. Seems to be the only bloody thing I play with these days. Mate who has the sandy bridge PC just bought some black BP compression fittings and a XSPC bay res that houses a D5. Very nice stuff, so many things I want to spend money on.

Once his loop is back up, I should finally get a taste of OCing on the new platform, I just have to get the idea of Auto OCing out of his head. He read something about it somewhere (fuck knows where) and suggested that he wants to try it. Even if it works well, there’s no fun in it. They’ve already made OCing a piece of piss on the new chipset, if you have to resort to an auto OC, you may as well give up, IMO.