Photoshop Help!

Heya Ladies & Gents,

Chasing a bit of photoshop advice/help re: putting a signature onto a photo.

For example, I want to put “KR Clapham, Nov 2010” in the bottom left/right of this photo (and I want it to look at least mildly professional!).

Having tried a few different tools in photoshop, and generally getting nowhere (best I got was getting a text box on, but the bitch of a thing kept on disappearing) and having nfi, I figured some of you chaps would be able to help!!!

Any help/tutorials you could point me towards would be most appreciated!? (googled, got 300000000000000000000000000000 results, too lazy to sift through them all to find one that I might like) Also willing to jump on TS at some stage if it’s easier to explain that-a-way!!

Thanks!

Patty

Some different ideas

Nice stuff as always Chilli, tho I think Patty’s lookin for how you actually do it yourself.

Can’t help ye myself Patty, tho nice of you to think of OE, even if it is just to exploit the awesome peeps who didn’t ABANDON it :wink2:.

I’m assuming you know about Layers in photoshop at least?

Thanks Chilli!

The one furthermost to the right, or the small white one at the bottom are the sorta thing I’m looking for :slight_smile:

Is there only a few simple steps required to do it though? Do you just use the text boxes & layering? (ftr, have no idea how to use layers properly, know there’s a tool there for it, but thats about it!) Have quite a few pictures I want to do it on which is why i’m trying to learn how to do it myself (not planning on doing the same thing on all of them though)

Yeah I know about layers…but that’s about where my knowledge of them stops!!

Oh, and go fall off your crotch-rocket (motorbike, for those playing at home) or something :ermm:

Ha! I already did (last monday, pics soon), so there!

Not exactly a biting comeback, but it’s all I got :sweat:

A few different tutorials here. I never follow them all the way, just take notice of the tools used and do your own shit

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/photoshoptutorialstextfx/Creating_Text_Effects_with_Photoshop.htm

Click on the WINDWS tab at the top and make sure you have Character ticked. This means when you create a layer of text you can edit the colur size font etc.

When you create text it generally opens a layer anyway so right clcik on the layer and go to blending options. Just play with some of the options.

Thanks Chilli :slight_smile: will have a much around with it tonight

Serious? That sucks, bet you felt rotten after that.

For those who can’t wait, I’ve recreated what I believe to be an accurate reflection of the moments after John’s crotch-rocket crash.

LMFAO!!!

LMFAO thats brilliant

Yay or nay? (cheers btw chilli, the character thingy mabob was what was screwing me over earlier, so easy now that’s figured :))

lmfao!!!

lol!

nice pics mate, worth framing those…

I can’t believe you’re getting those shots without using a DSLR. The best looking sig is the one that you’ve used on the dune pic, imo.

I need to dull the beach on down a bit, idea is for them to not stand out :stuck_out_tongue: (is too white)

A couple of them are getting framed/put up in our Toowoomba office Chilli, is why I wanted to learn how to do it :slight_smile:

LOL at the recreation! Fortunately bones remained as they should be and blood was kept to a decent minimum. This was less of a case of running out of talent (see first bike crash) and more just being an absolute tool not paying attention to the road. Early morning ride to work and I just fixated on the FWD in front. He suddenly changes lanes and I snap outta my trance to see i’m going 40-60kph with about 10ft to go before face planting a stopped corolla. Made an attempt at dodging it but ended up sliding down the road to the side of it instead (still the better option over the full on collision). I’m absolutely furious about it because I rage so hard when I catch ppl not paying attn to the road, and then I’ve gone and done it myself.

I’m tryin to get the assessors to send me pics of the carnage (had to be towed from the scene) but they’ve failed twice already, so can’t guarantee we’ll see anythin unfortunately.

But back on the actual topic, bloody awesome shots (first and last ones in post 14 are brilliant). Gotta agree with Nip and say the sig on the dunes is my pick.