Pc won't start properly

start pc and it won’t boot. Says BootMgr is missing. I can start it by going to boot menu and running it off the sad drive but it’s not doing it automatically.

Any ideas?

Would reinstalling windows fix it or is it a mobo driver issue?

I’ve read posts saying to disconnect everything and reconnect and other saying it could be a virus but I’ve run avg and nothing shows up.

Hey dude.

Sounds like you have to set your SSD as the first priority drive, not hard to do. Just go into the bios and there will be a section where you can set HDD priority. Can’t remember exactly where it is but it’s not hard to find. Feel free to call if you get stuck.

Fixed…solid advice…

:Tip-Hat:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8[/ame]

Lol. Even better advice.

hehehe , you have issues with just your own pc Chilli - are you gonna fly Nip up to qld to set that network up for ya? :tongue2:

lol chilli
and anybody know anything about an event 9 error [The device, \Device\Ide\IaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.] stops my system for 30 secs every start up usually only once but system freezes for 20s - 1 min farkin pisses me off

i’ve installed the latest intel storage drive turned pci express \linked state power management off in every power plan as i read that might be it

not sure where to go i’d say it might be something to do with the vert3 because a couple times bios has lost it, thought that only has happened twice since easter drive operates flawlessly otherwise might did out the mb Manual and check where everything is plugged

That’s a bit trickier if it only happens once in a while. I’d be checking that all cables are secure, both power and sata.

After doing a quick google search it looks like you’ve read the same posts I have about the linked state power management. It looks like it has something to do with RAID as IaStor is intel’s raid software. As far as I know you don’t have a raid set up, try changing the SATA mode whether it be IDE to AHCI or vice versa. Worth a try I guess.

yeh i’ll give that ago i did have the raid switched off in bios but i have reset the bios since then so it’ll be on me thinks cheers nip

repluged the 1tb samsung seems to be going ok