Patty's PC Questions

I can see why they’d do that though, it’d be fairly inefficient ($$ wise, meaning you’d have to pay more) to have an aircraft land in Launcenston, then have to take off again just to go to Hobart. I’m fairly certain they aren’t just flying your package alone nip :stuck_out_tongue:

Who said they have to fly down to Hobart, they can receive their goods via road transport like we have to now. After the plane lands in Launceston, it would fly back to Melbourne.

It would be a shorter trip for the plane, and the fuel costs for the trucks/vans would remain exactly the same. In fact the fuel cost for the plane would be marginally smaller, not by much though.

Forgetting the fact that Hobart > Launceston :stuck_out_tongue:

Patty is asking for war :@:@:@:@:@:@:@

Haha, that doesn’t matter. They still need to deliver the packages from the Airport to peoples homes. The only thing that would change is that they are getting their packages a day or two late, like I do now. Hobart was just a hole for convicts, that’s why Hobart was settled in the south, it’s closer to Antarctica, they wanted to keep it away from the Mainland.

It is counter productive. That’s why we get the V8 Supercars and the AFL, it’s closer. If the population had so much to do with it, they would of taken it down south. We have the same amount of people pass through our Airport as Hobart, and ours is expanding at a higher rate, our Airport has just gone through a large upgrade because of this.

Hobart can go and fornicate itself with a stick.

:laugh: Nipper, you are soooo easily stirred up.

Just want to go home now and install the thing :frowning:

lol

That’s not me being stirred up, that’s me being me.

You’ll like it, obviously get rid of the ATI drivers first though, probably wouldn’t hurt to run driver sweeper either.

So how did you go with the new card last night? It completely slipped my mind.

Brother’s picking up a v8 Cooler for me today. I know most rate the noctua coolers better, but have read enough to suggest the v8’s are a good & reliable cooler. That, and i’m kinda sucked in by the whole v8 thing :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, i digress. Umart only had OCZ Freeze Compound in stock, so I didn’t bother. Best off getting the Arctic MX-3 compound right nip? Seems to be the latest and greatest thing. Was either it or some of the actual cooler master grease that’s apparently best fo CM only yada yada?

i just used the compound that came with my hsf patty … as i doubt you’ll be pushing the 8400 to the ultimate top.

The v8 is a good cooler, both in performance and to be able to see a v8 under the “hood” lol.

let me know when ya start winding it up … as i have managed to tweak my settings quite a bit to minimise the heat … illl let ya know what i set it at so you have a guage. ( your 8400 is the E0 stepping i presume? )

btw … you got 1066mhz ram yeah ?

Haha patty, it’s hard to not be sucked in by the just the name of that cooler, I should know as I will be buying a V8 (car) sooner or later just for the wank factor. LOL nah it’s for the noise tbh.

Anyway, MX-3 is a safe bet atm, but the stuff that will come with it will be fine. There is one product that is supposedly better than MX-3 but it is a royal pain to use. Just use the CM TIM, it will be fine.

I’ve not even used MX-3 yet but I have a tube of it on the way for when I mount the new XT, I honestly doubt it will give me a noticeable difference compared to AS5.

Also, OCZ Freeze is actually considered to be a pretty decent thermal paste, though I never would of guessed that before people starting using it.

Hey patty i used the grease that came with mine (v8)… Most thermal greases that come with good quailty coolers these days are just as good imo…I use to only use artic silver on older coolers/watercooling setup i’ve had which did a good job…
My mate tried ocz freeze and I found it to be too thick/sticky and a pain in the arse to spread i like to be able to easily spread the grease all over the cpu/gpu using my trusty finger covered in glad wrap…:wink2: to get as nice even coverage.:yes:

Yep, a lot of people like spreading it out themselves. I find that placing a rice grain sized blob in the middle and letting the cooler flatten the paste gives me a more consistent result from one cpu to the next. I tested a few different methods back when I was still using the NH-U12P. I used the rice grain method, the line method, double line, X method, and smoothing out the paste with my finger in plastic.

They all performed about the same, I just use the rice grain method as it is a quick way of doing it. You need to apply even pressure to the corners when you do it though, otherwise the paste will not spread evenly.

Ahhhh, for some reason thought the cooler didn’t come with grease. In that case I won’t bother and just use that which comes with it. Cheers fellas :slight_smile:

Yeah true true nip both methods work just as well just what you get use to doing… At least cpu coolers have been alot less painful then aftermarket coolers for gpu’s having to fit orings etc to make the mounting brackets fit correctly arrrhhh the pain…:laugh:
I think the most fun i had was fitting a p4 socket 478 cooler to a geforce ti4200 just to get a better overclock lol :tongue2::tongue2:

Haha, that would of been an experience.

Yeah they all generally chuck in some, considering we’re paying ~$100 for a HSF, it’s the least they can do.

Nic got home from the coast yesterday with my v8 Cooler, so big. Will take it all with me and set it up (along with the HX620) when i choof off the coast boxing day :shades:

Nice, take some pics when you get it on.

Indeed

cant believe you’ll wait… Id be screwing that big bitch on when it arrived . .then replacing “[COLOR=#00ffff] @ Stock [/COLOR]” with “[COLOR=#00ffff]@4ghz [/COLOR]” !!