Overclocking

Nice score m8 did a few more benches today my highest was 19250. Your 2nd gpu test score is also alot higher like az’s…Might have to check buz’s scores…

(Just checked buz’s score seems to be the same as mine on 2nd test I think i’m just jealous and want a higher score lol…)

Nice Nip :slight_smile:

Kicked it up another gear. Took it a bit to far just previously, card crashed, backed them off a bit. Just picked a number and tested, still needs a lot of refining, but I’ve got no desire to run anything other than stock atm.

what are you peeps runnign with vantage? Just performance setting or wha?

very nice Nip!!

Yeah john … just default performance setting

I am a bit skeptical to run my memory harder as there were lots of discussions about the ram not handling past 1000mhz … and never really found a definitive answer … much like the vtt with the 1156 boards …

i know i got 825mhz clocked on the gpu … but didnt test it … might have to to try and cling to Nips efforts … but i doubt ill be getting near 20k lol

mmm, was a blind run for sure. Can’t even say if it was stable, just enough to get through vantage.

To be specific, I run the Performance benchmark but I disable all the feature tests as they have no relevance to the score. Just makes the benchmark shorter.

One more, had to try it with HT on @ 4.0GHz. This meant upping the vcore a bit (you can’t see the real vcore in the ss due to dynamic voltage, but it was around 1.360 under load). Might as well try and get a stable 4.00GHz clock with HT enabled. Check out the difference in CPU score, though makes little difference % wise with total score.

For shits and giggles, I might do a run with physx on to see how high more score will be, reckon I might kiss 24000, lol.

awesome score … and thus the gap widens again hah

Don’t dwell on it too much, getting the bastard stable has proven to be a challenge. I’m up to 1.4v in the bios (1.36v in windows with vdroop and vdrop). Anything before this point has crashed at the ~3 minute mark in LinX, going to try again now. One thing is certain though, I will not ever likely be running this CPU @ 4.0GHz with HT on. The temps are a non-issue, still holding around the mid 60’s, but the voltage it starting to get a tad high.

When/if the time comes that it makes a considerable difference to have it on, I will lower the clock speed down to 3.7 - 3.8GHz, or by that stage I might just have a new CPU.

Nice score nipper…Now that nipper has blow us away we should go onto some real benchmarks of some games etc…I’ll have a look tonight and see what is worthwhile d/loading if your keen?..

Can do but it seems like its going to a lot of trouble and a bit pointless, the results won’t be consistent either unless the game has its own benchmark tool. Unless you are talking about getting some other benchmark applications, I’ll sit this out, takes me too long to download games.

Vantage and 06 are easy as they give you a nice number at the end, it’s a standard test that is comparable from one system to the next as the benchmark, depending on mode, is exactly the same.

Did some passes @ 4ghz to see any gains … with stock gpu and 810/1000 aswelll… i only gained ~ 200 points in vantage and ~3/400 in 3dmark06. Did the tests 3 times too.

Looks like 3.8 really is the sweet spot for performance and heat.

gonna reseat the hsf on the w/e as ill be fuckin around with the sytem anyway ( sorting fans etc out) and see if the temps tighten up at all.

gonna see if spinning the forward top fan to intake rather than exhaust makes a diff too… as it will effectively feed the hsf and blow over the mobo … curious is all :slight_smile:

id love a go at 4.1 but by god the vcore ratio just keeps on goin John … every bclock jump needs vcore just like 3.8-4 did… crazy i tell ya… so certainly wont be benching that in a hurry lol.

lol Az. Mine would definitely not make it to 4.1 on air. Maybe if reseating the HSF helps you can do a suicide run :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey az there’s 10.3 beta drivers out i gained bout 700 points in vantage.

nah no suicide runs for me John … just amazed how it keeps needing so much ( i only went 193 bclck … then read on the forums that it keeps the same traits. If i can remember where the post was you had with a table showing the bios settings at various levels … no doubt we’d see 3.9+ being a hungry hippo

Once you get vantage up and runnin again John, do you wannt compare 3.8 and 4 for me… see if its the same deal for you.

Mac : im generally not a beta driver fan… i might get em to have a look … maybe

Yeh I’ll check the differences on Sunday night with any luck. These SLI systems and 5000 series cards are making my 275 look like a chump tho :><:

lol … but if i drop to 1 card it doesnt look that hot :stuck_out_tongue:

no physics runs either :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice work getting there az, even if it’s not worth your while.

i’ll whack some SS up of it just to show it.

getting to 4 is easy … keeping the temps sub 80 in linX is the challenge lol.

wasnt an optimised run … will continue the reading and testing over the coming weeks to make sure there isnt a combination that works more efficiently. Really only doing for the fun though … as the simple equation is copius vcore = 4ghz lol …

from previous testing even 3.9 was a chunky jump in vcore. might do a run on that just to see the results.