Old but still ok! V8 Supercars 3

OK, wanted to put this up and see how has this!!!
I know it’s an old game but you get to race around Bathurst!!!

Yeah I have this game, used to play it all the time. Raced on Bathurst 99% of the time, just trying to get my times down, lol. Also gave me a chance to race around Symmons Plains, I really should get out to a track day at least once…

yeah ive got it too :smiley:

any of you interested in having a race night in a week or so?

I reckon it would be fun, but I usually only like playing the game in sim mode as it makes the lap times a bit more realistic. Getting around Bathurst in 1:40 is bullshit. On the sim mode, a quick lap is around the 2:04 mark which is very close to the record (I know it’s quicker still, but it’s better than setting something completely unrealistic like a 1:40)

i had my times down to 2.02ish, before my fucking g25 broke and i havnt been able to send it back. fuck

2.02 is very quick from what I can recall. I remember doing a 25 lap race of Bathurst and the winner set a 2.02 as his quickest lap, was pretty insane.

wow, i raced bathurst on sim mode twice, did maybe 5 laps in total, got down to a 2:08, thats using a hand controller with only on/off braking accel, no progression.

Ill have to reinstall on this pc but i reckon a race night would be cool

That’s your problem, you need to get a wheel to get the most out of it. So much more control.

i cant stand steering wheels, always good with the controllers!!!
Any one wanna make a date for this and see if we can do it???

I’ll get it installed some time or another, not in any rush. Whenever we can get enough people, I’ll play.

Where would I be able to get it, since my usual online ‘store’ doesn’t seem to have it

Yeah, full sim mode with manual etc. Couldnt get anywhere near that time on rFactor though, always seem to do a dud lap or something similarly shit. Need to get my G25 RMA’d to pccg, but fuckin asdf

Surely you played in a V8 Supercar 3 comp a while back? We started talking about realistic laps times then too.

You can get it off steam for 14.99 USD. Note that in the rest of the world, the game was called “TOCA Race Driver 3” instead of V8 Supercars Race Driver 3. I think Germany may of even had DTM Race Driver 3.

Yeah, but that was at a convention, not on own pc. Feature/maps etc does TOCA have the same stuff as V8?

I’m pretty sure that it’s the same game, they just named it differently based on the country. I’m not 100% sure about it though. I did race against guys from all over the world, they must of had the TOCA or DTM versions instead of V8 Supercars. I reckon the only thing that changes is the title screen.

ok, then we set a date for in a month. that gives ppl plenty of time to get it and practice. any chance of putting it up on vwars. an internal scrim, as such.

yeah toca 3 and v8 3 are the same, mine loads as v8 supercars 3 but xfire says im playing toca race driver 3

Why wont PCCG reply to my fuckign email about my G25. GODAMNIT

cause PCCG are fuckin useless :mad2: