New Pc advice

this is the wish list of the computer i want to build if i can i would cut corners but im pretty sure everything there is what im chasing sound card for good gaming and music listening to and 2 screens to multitask while playing games or just running 2 things at once so advice would be nice thanks :smiley:

Heya
My mate has the STX and he says it’s a beaut card, so that’s a good pick. For gaming, and i’ve been researching this for myself, the Audio-Tech AD700’s are better. They do lack the bass of the M50 but have a superior soundstage, which is more important for gaming.
Is the reason for the 4GB 680 for futureproofing or for dual screen gaming? From what i’ve heard, dual screen gaming is horrible due to the line straight down the middle. You could shave $200 by getting a 670 4GB ( http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1387&products_id=20507 )

The performance gained from a 670 to 680 is negligible considering the cost. Also the aerocool case looks cheap to me, especially with the fan mounts in the window. Get a CM Storm trooper (like me!) with window. It’ll hold these components and room for SLI :stuck_out_tongue:

The moola saved could be invested into a better PSU. I’m a big fan of Corsair, the ax860/i would suit the build great

I would also change the motherboard. Never had an AsRock mobo but from the reviews i’ve read the brown PCB and laggy bios would not work for me. Also the fatality branding is silly :stuck_out_tongue: These are around the price of your board.
-MSI z77 Mpower
-Asus z77 Sabertooth/deluxe
-Gigabyte z77x ud5

A higher capacity SSD might be better due to their ever dropping prices. I would love to see this build mate :slight_smile:

i wanted to not dual screen gaming but run gaming and prob youtube on the side or a site i can research upon and the headset i was thinkn more music wise but i want it for both gaming and music so still unsure and the mother board wasnt to sure about but links and helpful advice would be awesome :smiley:

this is my latest update but the headphones im still unsure cause the audio tech ad700 having hardly any bass cam be a issue of some sort i still want a little bit for music but i would love to change it for gaming so i can hear everything :smiley: and ideas

Given what we discussed a couple of days a go, the build is an improvement for sure. Im still concerned about the STX and whether you need it. Although the relative cost compared to the rest of the system is now negligible. I still have bad experience re: failure rates. I would have gone DX.

I think upgrading to an i7 may be worth the cost considering the build price.

23" monitor, its a little small now days for a premium build. Have you got existing monitors you are using?

I agree with Guy that AX is a better PSU, but in most cases TX/HX will do fine. They still have 5/7 year warranty and excellent reputation. In your situation, even considering dual 670’s, will be fine with a decent 750.

670 is a better pick than 680 at this time ($/perf).

Any MB Guy mentioned is great.

Windows?

Custom CPU cooler?

Why 3 hard drives? 2 should be fine, since you are not doing raid, they’re not even the same class or size.

Dont get peer pressured re: the case :P. Guy wants everyone to have that case. The Aerocool you chose is a good case. Get what you think looks good, but is also decent [B]quality /B. CM Trooper/Corsair 6 series/Bitfenix Colossus/Antec 1200/AC Predator/Lian Li 9FB. Everyone likes a different case, for some reason people buy [URL=“http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_1081&products_id=21987”]discusting [URL=“http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_1081&products_id=21676”]looking [URL=“http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_1191&products_id=16863”]cases. Gross. IMO.

If I were you:

I have made a PCCG wishlist: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=158864

well chromy in the build u have you have 2 sound cards and yes the predator looks nice and i dont really think i want to do custom cooling thats why the large case i thought it would be heaps i havent got a spare monitor at the moment but 27 inc aye fuck me i will think about it,

i went for the stx cause it has mainly headphone ports not left right and centre on it like the dx has cause i mainly am using it for headphone usage not speakers i have a blue ray home theatre for that :smiley:

was going 3 harddrives for ssd for windows 7 and the black for installation of games and teh green for space as in movies pictures all that mumbo jumbo. but keep giving me info please :smiley:

-Dx soundcard
-144hzzzz monitor
-i7 3770k
-Cm Storm trooper :stuck_out_tongue:
-AD700
-256GB SSD

-Don’t get Storm Trooper, It’s what I’ve got and I fucking hate it for the simple fact that every third person has it
-I fit windows and about ten games on my SSD which is 240gb, and shove the rest on my hard drive and just swap games between the two depending on which ones I play the most that way the ones I play frequently have the best load times. Just get the SSD and the hardrive. Get an external with the money you save.
-Sound card isn’t worth the money imo
-Upgrade to i7 3770k
-Powersupply is overkill

Guy put a 3D monitor on the wishlist above ^^ meh. Think about the high resolution monitor too.

The CPU cooler is worth it, your CPU will be a cooler, your case will be quieter, and you have more headroom if you want to overclock down the road.

i wouldn’t take advice from guy on which graphics cards to buy… guy and graphics cards don’t mix

:open_mouth:

oh no he did nt

well what do u guys reckon do i need to change my build now?

thats without the monitor and i dunno if im missing any thing

Oh shush you grot :stuck_out_tongue:
I had a derp moment today whilst trying to ring MSI, they didn’t pick up. It’s a public holiday :derpalert

(I think jap really wants the STX guys :0 )
Change the cooler to a D14 and it all looks good, except the case :stuck_out_tongue:
Would you consider a Corsair 600T? They look the shizz

[COLOR=Red]EDIT: MISSING PSU!!! Rawr[/COLOR]

You need to add your PSU back duder.

600T white all the way. Window edition. Not mesh.

Hey what’s wrong with the case is sexy the 600t looks to plain haha and yea I gota re add the pay whe I get home lol any advice for the headphones tho descent bass and studio sound?

AD900. Has good bass (controlled and fast, not boomy) and goes well with the STX.

sweet i will give em a look thanks for the input dragon they look fkn comfy but haha

Only the start of making the beast

Oh, Is that a trooper I see before me?

Hd7970 is card of choice atm but its your money…:slight_smile: