Mass Effect 2 DLC is out!

I am the future of Gaming, for my name is DLC.

Can’t say I’m personally a fan of microtransactions, but i’m a fan of anything that has the word “free” attached!

The Firewalker DLC is out today, at a healthy 475MB. It contains 5 missions flying the rather awesome looking Hammerhead.

[CENTER]I will cry if it has the hovercraft equivalent handling of the Mako.[/CENTER]

In terms of paid content, an alternate appearance pack came out as well, costing 160 Bioware Points, whatever the crap that translates to.

[CENTER]Makes me think Thane might have some new dialogue - “No one can be told what the Matrix is…”[/CENTER]

Comin up in April is the next moolah leeching DLC - master thief Kasumi Goto. More loyalty shananigans, more Bioware points (560 to be precise, someone wanna get some conversions happenin?)

[CENTER]The important question of course is - “Does she put out?”

Grab the goodies from http://masseffect.bioware.com/info/dlc/.[/CENTER]

Apparently this may not be the only one to do so, but Lair of the Shadow Broker does seem to be settin up further links for ME3 rather than just another tack on.

Great stuff tho! Personally I think I enjoyed overlord more, but the latest DLC is great in that it ties Liara in a hell of a lot better than the vanilla game does. For the ME2 fans, Overlord and the Shadow Broker DLC’s are must haves :yes:

I will be giving them both a good going. It’s good that it gives Liara more screen time considering she was such a tiny part of ME2.

So the final DLC came out at the end of March, and I finally got around to reinstalling ME2 and giving it a crack. The short and sweet - it sets up the beginning of ME3, but is otherwise is the DLC least worthy of the cost :(. It’s a solo mission (which I found a little painful, since my soldier class levelled up all the group abilities) where Shep’s gone to help rescue someone looking at the possible Reaper invasion. Things get messy, Shep does his thing.

Disappointment comes pretty much from the lack of content. It’s somewhere around 1 hour, and doesn’t introduce anything we haven’t seen before. There’s 1 choice to make but it has no impact, the actual big choice is out of your hands. I’m guessin Bioware didn’t wanna do two alternate starts to ME3. While that’s all well and good, it definitely means The Arrival lacks any potential punch. Unless your Uncle Torrence gives it to you for free, I’d daresay i’d actually be inclined to keep your $7 and just read the plot on Wikipedia.

Thanks for that. I was thinking exactly what you said in your last sentence before I read it.

I have tried to play all of the current DLC but I just can’t get back into a game when I’ve shelved it for so long. I’m just going to twiddle my thumbs until ME3 gets here.

Damn, I want an uncle with a name like Torrence, sounds like some sort of internet got of piracy.

Hell yes, anything to add more playtime to ME2.

Got no idea how much the points are worth but I just saw that the Kasumi DLC is 7 USD. Pretty acceptable imo.

http://www.thetanooki.com/2010/03/23/mass-effect-2-dlc-kasumi-stolen-memory-finally-gets-priced/

So 80 points costs 1 USD

Looks great imo, might have to invest some of my moolah, never played Mass Effect :stuck_out_tongue:

My bro got it on PS3… looks swoit!

The first game was great, the 2nd game was an overall improvement of the first in a lot of ways, and not in others but for the most part it was on a completely different level again.

I have no doubt that it will be a contender for game of the year, it has my vote atm.

I have only heard positives about it :slight_smile:

Missed it! As of 2 days ago the latest DLC, Kasumi Stolen Memory, is released! Going by an xbox screenie, looks to be around a whopping 750mb.

Is it worth it? Depends how much you enjoyed the game I’d say. I’ll prolly hold off until I come back for an inevitable 3rd play through :D.

Edit: Just checkin prices, the thing costs somethin like 560 bioware points, which translates to about $7.50. But we now live in the hated world of microtransactions. As a minimum u need to buy 800 points, so if you’re not getting anythin else from bioware any time soon, it’ll actually cost you $11.24. Considering some of us only paid $30 to start with that ain’t a big deal. I still despise point systems tho >.<

Hmm, yeah I could part with $11 considering that I only paid 30 for the game. I doubt I’ll play the DLC at the moment though. If it is just basically like doing Zaeed’s side quest (which was free), I don’t think I’ll bother. If it turns out to be some epic mission based on other people’s reviews, then I’ll grab it.

bit of a correction:

“You can buy 560 Bioware points. It is true that the link on the Kasumi DLC page only shows the $11 dollar amount but if you go to the Bioware Dragon Age Social page you can click on a link (bottom left of the page) to buy Bioware Points and one of the options is for 560 points (the amount needed for Kasumi) which costs AUD$7.87. Then once you have the points you can spend them on the Kasumi DLC.”