List your favourite games!

List as many as you want, only list games that have been released, not games that you think will be good (this rule is for myself, lol).

Mention why it is on your list if you want.

[COLOR=Gray]To keep things interesting, only list [COLOR=Red]ONE [/COLOR]game per series. We want to avoid a CoD2, CoD MW, CoD WaW, CoD MW2 type of situation.[/COLOR]

Green Flag!

1. Mafia - No surprise to anyone who knows me. It was the first game I can remember wanting to finish, rather than doing so just to get my money’s worth.

2. Assassins Creed - The original game. Was a completely new style of game, the fluid controls kept me playing. The reason why I rank it over AC II is because as epic as the sequel is, it didn’t really bring anything new to the series. They could of just added the extra story to the 1st game and I would still of enjoyed it as much.

3. Mass Effect 2 - Took the greatness of the first game and bettered it in practically every way, except for the cutting down of certain levels that featured in the first.

4. GTA:VC - For me, this was the best of the series. The map wasn’t ridiculously big, had sweet cars, the best garage/house system of any GTA game (or any sandbox game for that matter), most interesting story only made better by the voice acting of Ray Liotta of Goodfellas.

5. Grim Fandango - Can’t count the amount of times I have replayed this classic game. Lucas Arts at its finest, DOTT, Sam and Max and Full Throttle are also worth mentioning.

6. CoD4:MW - Had to be up here somewhere, the game that got me interested in multi player and first person shooters.

7. Broken Sword II - The first of the series that I played, left a lasting impression that made me buy the rest of the games, including the download of the fan made Broken Sword 2.5.

8. Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess - Definately not the powerhouse that Ocarina of Time was, but I never got a chance to sink my teeth into the N64 classic. This is the only game that kept me interested in the Wii, something that Mario Galaxy failed to do for me.

9. Sonic the Hedgehog - My earliest memory of console gaming, Sonic has never been the same since unfortunately.

10. V8 Supercars - Had Bathurst, nuff said.

I’ll just mention that I didn’t include any flight or car simulators as they are not really what I would consider games, even though they can provide fun.

i approve of this thread but its late and i need sleep, will update post or make new when i think of 10 epic games i’ve played.

stealing azza’s by genre idea

FPS
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down - The on that started it for me, was my first ever MP online game and it was hella fun, though not in OE i remember getting pwned by the likes of Mocha, Noondi, Roach, Cambo, Tim plus hundreds of other guys, great times. Plus the SP was fun as well.

Perfect Dark - 2nd console FPS to be actually be good, prefer it to Golden Eye, Co-Op was mad fun.

COD: United Offensive - Best SP of any COD game and had an underrated MP, it had freaking TANKS and not one pussy tank like in WaW, i mean lots of tanks.

Battlefield 2 - <3 Pizzahut game got me into OE and it was probably the most epic of all MP games i’ve played.

Unreal Tournament 2004 - Played tonnes of this at friends places for LANs, best imo of the sci fi fast action paced shooters.

Portal - This was a triumph…I’m making a note here, huge success…It’s hard to over state my satisfaction…Apeture Science…i’ll stop :stuck_out_tongue:

RPG
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 - The pinnacle of the series, me and my cousin would play hours of this on the weekend.

Worms World Party - NINJA ROPE!!!

Dragon Age Origins - My favourite true RPG, epic story, gameplay was bang on and Morrigan was hot :P.

RTS
Age of Empires 2 - Still my favourite ever RTS, MP was fun and challenging and i learned so much history from the SP.

Starcraft 2 - The first RTS i’ve actually tried playing online against randoms and had fun with, though theres alot of asians on there <.<

League of Legends - Its free and its freaking brilliant, though been free i’ve put a bit of money into it :stuck_out_tongue:

Race
Grid - we all know why.

FPS
Half Life - Valve is what it is today with its games due to this grand master of awesome. To have mods develop into full blown games (cs spanning since 97 … tf making a comeback) shows just what it brought. The SP was awesome, and then the MP just smashed all … DM was aweome followed by the mods.

Counterstrike - Sorry Nip but i have to break your rule… i would have 10k hrs plus put down to that fukin mod/ now game.

Doom I & II - fps was born

Quake Series - MP was truly born with these.

Cod Series - #1 for the awesome new SP campaign , #4 for its MP

Dues Ex - Just far out

RPG
Neverwinter Nights- godamn i loved that game

Diablo double - hack and fuking slash mofo!!!

Heroes of might and magic series - Just bloody loved them all … so much time lost to them lol

Sacred - While not a massive hit … i frikken loved the game … replayed it with the same char so many times … lvl 120’s mmhmmm

Baldurs Gate 2 - Mmmhmmm

Elder Scrolls : Morrowind - Just awesome

RTS
CnC Series (bar the latest shithole title) - All deserve a mention … but of course $1 started the love afair so well.

Starcraft - loved my zergs

Warcraft Series ( mainly #2 though)

Spellforce 1 and 2 - base building and hero leveling awesomeness

Other
Test Drive and Spy Hunter - oldest racing games i really remember loving

NFS - Hot Pursuit … Going against the Cops … woot

There are zounds of others, but they are the first ones that seem to spring to mind when i think of my fav games of all time. While alot of sequels have surpassed the original game … i rate the original more as the sequel has only imprived upon what awesomeness the first gave ( ie Half life and C&C etc etc).

Is actually quite hardto think of so many years of gaming and remember all the classics.

Of all ive listed … i would really have to say Half Life is top dog ( if thats possible to judge). The game itself was just epic … and to spawn what it did is just mond blowing.

In random order here goes.

Doom 1+2 my first taste of fps and it got me hooked. (Heretic+hexen produced by raven and released by id where solid fps)

Bullfrog Production made heaps of cool games the main ones I played where Magic carpet 1+2 and Dungon keeper 1+2 awesome gameplay/graphics for there time.

Quake series crazy frantic rocket blasting very cool games…

Soldier of fortune 2 was my first real serious online game once we finally got adsl. Played heaps of comps for bout 2-3yrs with various clans and meet heaps of cool people…

Stalker series minus the bugs:tongue2: is one of my favorite game series…Fps/Rpg suvival horror and heaps of mods to sort out those bugs lol. (+ being a pc only platform everyone should be supporting them)

Diablo 1+2 I think we all killed a mouse playing those game…:laugh:

Halflife series would have to be up there been one of the best singleplayer games for me…

COD series I think most of us here own all of these games classic fps at its best… (except mw2)

Crysis cause i’m a tech junkie and I like to see my computer hurting…Have to say the nanosuit was kick ass fun…

Oblivion stole about 130hrs of my time not bad for a singleplayer game…(So did fallout 3:wink2:)

C&C played most of the series not online but still heaps of fun…

Mechwarrior series who doesn’t like big ass mechs with big ass guns lol…

Christ there’s heaps more might have to do a little googling to refresh my memory…

I feel like I’ve really missed out now considering I’ve never played any of the Half Life games. Dues Ex is another I wish I had played when it came out.

Interesting to note that my top games feature a lot of 3rd person adventure games, where as you guys rate FPS/RTS/RPG games.

hexen and heretic were great games indeed mac. Unreal Tournament could get a mention too as it was mp madness. … but i could just sit here all day putting names down lol. Now i wanna play em all once again lol

Holy crap how did we miss Unreal Tournament lol great games, yes the list could go on and on…:wink2:

Haha, nah Cabby mentioned it.

You will probably laugh at this list, but here goes…

1. BF2 - No surprise, best onliine game for me (Single player is terrible and to easy though)

2. Supreme Commander the original - Because im awesome at it

3. Red Alert 1 Aftermath - Such a classic game (Remember Tanya, Im there Im there Im there)

4. Rollercoaster series - Number 3 is the best simply because of the amount of rides you can create

5. Cities XL - For a city building game it isnt as popular as Simcity but by god its much better

6. Age of Empires Series - Number 2 being my favorite (Just build 50 odd Forts around your base and nothing can get you :stuck_out_tongue: )

7. Airlines 2 - A game where you are in control of airline routes

8. Condition Zero - Fun game, graphics are crap though

9. Settlers 2 Gold - I loved when the army men would fight right outside the forts

10. Minesweeper - 3 seconds for beginner, 35 for intermediate & 143 for expert are my records

There are alot of classic games here simply because they were fun… These days games just have great graphics but seem to become a failure (well thats my opinion)

1. DEUS! Ex: Best…Game…EVER! I played it a few years ago, got to the end (but didnt finish), and just 2 month agos played through it again (this time doing all 3 endings), and still was finding new things. NO other game has so many options and ways to play, and I’m certain I will play it again sometime.

2. Portal: Its portal…if you need more explanation you havn’t played it. Go play it, then come back, then you’ll understand.

3. Homeworld: I still need to finish it, but it is the BEST rts I’ve ever played. 3d movement takes a while to get use to…

4. X3: Reunion: Take EVE, Make it single player and first person. I put almost 100 hours into it (and over 200 into 2, but 3 was better) and still had tons more stuff todo (Goal 1: kill a karak M2, Goal 2: capture a Xenon M2). And now X3: Terran Conflict is out…BBL

5. EVE: 1200 Xfire Hours…why…I cannot say…I don’t even play it that much anymore, and when I do, I don’t really find it that fun (well, as much as the others on this list)…and yet…I keep going back…and back…and back…paying for month after month…

6. Ocarina of Time: It had to be on here. Out of all the Zelda games ive played (this and Majora’s Mask…) its still my favourite.

7. GTR Evo: Nipper knows this one. I dare anyone to say GT4/5/x is anything like a ‘simulator’ after playing this.

8. Trackmania: Insane racing fun, millions of tracks online, and best of all FREE!!!

9. LittleBigPlanet: The single best reason to own a PS3.

10. Unreal Tournament (original): I think I would be alot better off academically if this game didn’t exist…

Special Mention: DFBHD: The one that started it all. This is the first game (that i can remember the name of) that I ever played. It got me into online gaming (and into OE), and into gaming in general. Without this game I don’t know how different my life would have been, but it certainly wouldn’t have been as fun.

OMG, i forgot OOT, was thinking about this while in bed and i was like gotta put OOT in it :frowning: ty dragon

HAHAHA, I told myself at work i was going to make this thread today, lol. anyway while reading it i actually almost had a heart attack coz i never knew anyone who ever played HOMM III and loved it as much as i did, it is actually my greatest game of all time, i’m serious I spent 5 years playing that game alone, got it when i was about 10 and my parents didn’t let me play FPS’s so i spent it playing that and i still play today.

1. HOMM III - Oh btw got an email the other day form HOMM-Ubisoft saying that there was going to be big HOMM news in 7 days. ooooooohhhhh, please be 6, please be 6, please be 6, please be 6, please be 6, please be 6, please be 6, please be 6, please be 6, please be 6, please be 6, please be 6.
  2. DS series
    2.5. Civilizations 3&4 and soon to be 5
  3. Majesty - so unique, loved the shit out of it
  4. Oblivion - doesn’t need explaining(sorry haven’t actually played morrowind shall do so as soon as possible)
  5. Warcraft 3
  6. C&C red alert 2 - first one i played and fell in love with
  7. Metro 2033
  8. COD2 - 5 - 4 - MW2
  9. UT
  10. Supreme commander - forged alliance

Ah shit i forgot all about doom 1&2 and quake 2&4 not to mention good old frogger, freelancer(“Alpha 1 dash 1 you are now clear for launch”), borderlands and GTA2.

Yeah Dragon, GTR EVO tops my list for racing sims easily, followed by SimBin’s other titles like GT Legends.

Portal is definitely a must play for everybody, it’s a truly unique game.

panther, i just hope HOMM 6 will be HOMM3 HD :stuck_out_tongue:

definately cab

oh wow another civ fan :slight_smile:

X3 > X2 > freelancer

Let the flight commence!

[COLOR=Silver]gees detailed explanations

BHD[/COLOR] [COLOR=Silver]
BC2
COD
Shaun White Snowboarding
Total Series. Rome, Shogun etc
Age of Empires
HL2

but for the two best games ever to grace the PC[/COLOR] [COLOR=Silver]

BF2…still nothing compares to this. The scale was massive…64 players in one map, jets, helis, tanks…awesome[/COLOR] [COLOR=Silver]

CounterStrike - Dust!!! What a game this was in the early days[/COLOR] [COLOR=Silver]

Console[/COLOR] [COLOR=Silver]
Fight Night 4
UFC 10
Fifa 10
Madden 10
MX v ATV

and a little history[/COLOR] [COLOR=Silver]

Elevator Action[/COLOR] [COLOR=Silver]
Galaga
Galaxian
R-Type
Lemmings[/COLOR]

Hey Dragon you better not be saying x3 greater than x2 greater than freelancer, na just kidding never played x3 and x2 but loved freelancer, and liikkz anyone who isn’t a civs fan needs to be named and shamed, lol and lastly to add to chilli’s a little history did anyone ever play Crusader: No Regret and No Remorse coz they were fun.

Freelancer as in the Microsoft game? Loved that, except hated them for making a freakin epic intro, and then have a story that had nothing to do with it >.<.

Great thread anyhow, i’ll edit this post later, but for now I’ll get some basic stuff down.

1. Baldur’s Gate 2 - Still my all time favourite RPG (although ME2 is now equal). Dragon Age was awesome, but not the same as the original.

2. Jedi Knight series - although if I had to nail it down to one, it’d probably be Outcast. Where I first started playing MP, although only against bots.

3. Halo - as an xbox title my bro and I have finished the trilogy countless times on legendary (+ skulls). Most fun I’ve had on a co-op game. Halo 1 for PC was my first only MP obsession, which eventually filtered over to CSS, but I clocked up god knows how many hours on Blood Gulch.

4. CoD4 - had to be here, still the best FPS in my eyes.

5. Mass Effect 2 - exactly same as Nip, love the universe, love the story, love the gameplay.

6. Batman: Arkhum Asylum - brought out my inner comic book nerd. Just finished my 2nd play through, no doubt I’ll prolly go through it again before the sequel arrives. Has the best hand to hand combat system I’ve seen implemented, and they’ve built on the DC characters perfectly.