Dragon Age : Origins

The developers sad they modeled Alistair after Capt Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly and Xander Harris from Buffy… what part did they model him off? Xander’s pussyness and Malcolm without his balls?

If he was really like Malcolm reynolds, he’d be all

“Now you back down nice and slow darkspawn, for I swear by this here shiny piece of metal, I will gorram end you”

Rather we get…

“I have emotions!!! WAHHHHHHHHHH! I miss Duncan! I want to get laid but I can’t find my penis because it’s retracted into my body and made me a pussy”

/sigh

lol, he is a sobbing little bitch. He had a massive cry when I killed Connor, he disapproved by 20 points. That was after I asked him what I should do and he couldn’t give a straight answer.

FYI being a castless dwarf and going back to destroy the carta is one of the best things I’ve done yet. They all used to treat you like crap, but now that your a tank and a grey warden, you get to lay down the law.

You also get to go into the proving arena again, but unlike the first time, you are about 10 times stronger than anyone you’ll face, for the first few rounds not a single enemy even touched me.

im gonna have to restart it im afraid … just too long between plays … very tempted to bring the puter to work next week to get paid to put 50 hrs into it lol.

haha, keep dreaming.

just installed its actually pretty good :sweat:

Actually pretty good? Sounds like you were insinuating that it was going to be bad?

It was obviously going to be good based on the developers who created it.

yeh no i thought it was always gonna be good but iv never really been into games like oblivion so i wasnt expecting to like it but i do haha

Yeah, I wasn’t really into games like oblivion or Fallout 3 which were practically the same game. Even though those games could be considered an RPG, because it is in a first person view, it doesn’t really play the same.

If you played KOTOR, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur’s Gate or Mass Effect, then you would of had a better idea of what this game was going to turn out like.

this is better than oblivion which imo was boring, Fallout 3 on the other hand was epic

It was the same basic game except they traded classic fantasy for futuristic nuclear war. I’m not joking about that either.

Fallout 3 uses a version of the same Gamebryo engine as Oblivion,[URL=“http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_3#cite_note-engine-0”][1] and was developed by the team responsible for that game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_3#Development

It was just far too similar for me to play, felt like I was playing an old game.

yeah but Fallout3 actually had a point. Where in oblivion they got lazy and said, here’s a bunch of quests in the world which have no consequences and you can do whatever you like.

In Fallout3 they give you way more interconnected plots like, hey douchebag, wanna nuke dozens of innocent civilians to hell? Yes? Okay here ya go. Want to end world? Okay!

I did3 playthroughs of Fallout3 which ended way differently,

Playthrough 1: Generic good guy who killed the governments good!
Playthrough 2: Evil psychotic bitch who freaking hated the world and murdered everybody in their sleep… made for an empty empty game world.
Playthrough 3: Played as Han Solo, killed every stormtrooper lookalike I saw even though they are technically the good guys.

LOL.

Loved playthrough 3. I swear I would pay a lot of money to think like you for just one day. Your creative mind is being wasted in finance.

If you thought like me for a day you’d commit yourself. But my mind isn’t totally wasted, I’m illustrating a webcomic right now but I haven’t got enough of a direction with it to put it up. Also I’m lazy to put up a website.

Might post a preview up here at some point though. Always helps to get feedback.

Yeah, love to see it.