Dragon Age : Origins

I have been waiting for this game for so freakiing long already … and it looks like hitting the shelves in feb/march 09.

Dubbed the successor to BG ( huge statement in my opinion) … it is, however , not based on the old series.

Not much info on setings , plots yet … but Bioware have always made superb fantasy rpg’s and this will be another title im sure.

Here is the trailer :

[ame]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=mcP41FqpRBs&feature=related[/ame]

successor to Baldur’s Gate? thats mighty big of them.

and will this be another click fest game like diablo?

nah … no click fests … id say it will be more in the style of BG …

a click fest i cant wait for is sacred 2 … oh yeah…

rpg for next year is sorted … diablo3/ dragon age / sacred 2 … cant wait !

diablo 3 ain’t an rpg… its a dungeon crawl clickfest

looks interesting… what genre is it?

huh? you had to ask ?

fantasy / rpg

thats an rpg? just doesn’t look like it :blink: looks like some hardcore battle game… lol, all you see in the clip is a big fight scene…

yeah but dont forget … its prolly just the intro trailer … im sure no one expected the diablos to be like the intros :stuck_out_tongue: .

rpg is a broad terrm anyway … any game where you play a role / make choices etc becomes an rpg… i tack the fantasy on it … as i much prefer that genre :wink2:

Not much word is out … but from what i can gather so far … you will be able to control upto 4 npc’s ( probably start alone but as gain levels … get more npc ability) … there was talk on ability to use different views … ie iso and 1st/3rd person … sounds alot like the Spellforce view ( which i really liked).

Hopefully soon they release some gameplay info / footage … and some storyline too :slight_smile:

ah nice, i never went on BG and diablo… but this may be different… i liked the BG dark alliance (#2 i think?) on ps2… that was pure ownage.

BG series on pc hurt Dark Alliance ( even though i played it 3 times on xbox with diff characters … just wasnt long enough!).

Another classic was / is the icewind dale series ( 1 and 2 with exp. packs )

nwn double is damn good too.

might have to load one of the games up… now im keen for some rpg again lol

i didn’t go much on those ones… saw my bro played them and that was enough for me… lol… i prefer rpg’s like oblivion or whispers wow… you have one character and thats it. thats why i liked dark alliance.

this convo is ended … wow indeed :yucky:

LMAO… knew that was coming… you cant comment if you haven’t played it! i have actually played BG2 and didn’t like it… you would like wow, more the fact you dont wanna pay to play you dont like… its a silly idea, but it works. lol :><:

A bit of gameplay … love the way he finishes the arch demon

[ame]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q-jVM9fe8w[/ame]

my god, i’m so buying this game!

Tell me this isn’t some crappy online only game? Might actually be bothered buying it if it isn’t.

Its a SP game Patty … will be pretty darn good i reckon :slight_smile:

If its anythin even as remotely as awesome as Baldur’s, its gonna rock somethin hardcore :shades:

just wish it would come out now im sick of luirkign the home page waiting for it to come out

At the Framework conference in Melbourne, Dragon Age writer David Gaider declared: “There will never be any horses in a Bioware RPG!” Gaider was talking about how Bioware develops its acclaimed - and very involved - stories. He cited the credo by which games such as Baldur’s Gate, Neverwinter Nights and now Dragon Age: Origins are made:
“Story should take advantage of your planned features… but [the features] shouldn’t BE your story.”
Which is where the horses come in. If Dragon Age introduced horses for the player characters to ride, it would have huge implications for the design of the game and its story. Horses could mean:

• Designing lengthy expanses of world because the player can now move so much quicker
  • Making those expanses wide enough to accommodate an entire party of characters all riding horses
  • Working out whether NPCs and enemies are also allowed to ride horses
  • Figuring out how combat works when some or all the participants are on horseback
  • And loads of other really really complicated issues
    Gaider’s argument is that even seemingly minor design decisions can have a huge and exponentially complex impact on the overall design of the game. Adding horses would change the game in such a substantial way, they’d be forced to build their world and story around them. And for Dragon Age: Origins, Bioware has stories other than horses planned.
    So, on the one hand, Gaider’s anti-horse stance means we’ll be travelling by foot throughout Dragon Age: Origins. On the other hand, it does mean we won’t be tempted to buy any Horse Armour DLC.

no horseys for this RPG