General

[LIST]
[]144 achievements added
[
]New lifetime player stats and summary screens
[]New match player stats and summary screens
[
]New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
[]Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
[
]New cinematic death camera
[]New domination and revenge system
[
]Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display
[]Incorporated many source engine updates
[
]Disallowed the use of arbitrary command strings for the message of the day screen. Now only a specific list of commands is allowed.
[]Addressed issue in which AWPs and Scouts sometimes did not make the zooming sound.
[
]cvar mat_showlowresimage is now a cheat command.
[]Many development console commands which would crash the server removed.
[
]Updated source engine addresses many issues:
[]Better flashlight effect
[
]Better HDR behavior
[]Multicore rendering support
[
]Added sv_disablefreezecam cvar to turn off the freezecam on a server.
[]Added sv_nonemesis cvar to turn off domination/revenge on a server.
[
]Added sv_nomvp cvar to turn off MVP stars on a server.
[]Added sv_nostats cvar to turn off stats on a server.
[
]Removed -tickrate command line option and defaulted tick rate to 66 rather than 33. This addressed a number of issues, including:
[LIST]
[]Tick rate affecting how fast doors open / close
[
]Tick rate causing players hitting the ground to stutter
[]Tick rate affecting the firing mechanisms of certain guns
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
UI

[LIST]
[
]Added the following cvars to allow players to customize their scoreboards.
[]cl_scoreboard_ct_color_red
[
]cl_scoreboard_ct_color_green
[]cl_scoreboard_ct_color_blue
[
]cl_scoreboard_t_color_red
[]cl_scoreboard_t_color_green
[
]cl_scoreboard_t_color_blue
[]cl_scoreboard_dead_color_red
[
]cl_scoreboard_dead_color_green
[]cl_scoreboard_dead_color_blue
[
]Changed the screen that appears when the message of the day fails to load to display proper error text.
[]Made the CT silhouette for the auto-select option in the Choose a Class screen smaller and corrected its aspect ratio.
[
]Addressed a problem that occasionally caused characters to be colored incorrectly on the Change a Class screen.
[/LIST]
Gameplay

[LIST]
[]Made ladders easier to climb. Added cvars sv_ladder_dampen and sv_ladder_angle.
[
]Fixed issue that awarded three points when the bomb explodes after the round ends by elimination criteria instead.
[]Fixed issue in which you weren’t given credit for grenade damage if you fired a weapon at someone then hit them with a grenade (in that order). Also fixed problem in which grenading a player and then killing them with another weapon showed as ‘** in 1’ on console.
[]There’s now a priority order for displaying win conditions when multiple win conditions are set.
[
]If timelimit exists and is not 0, then show timelimit.
[]If timelimit does not exist, show maxrounds if not 0.
[
]If both timelimit and maxrounds are 0, show winlimit.
[]If timelimit, maxrounds, and winlimit are all 0, show nothing.
[
]Added a cvar to ignore win conditions: mp_ignore_round_win_conditions.
[/LIST]

Im gonna have to re install it just to have a look … its my most played game ever ( well over 5000 hrs ) and im curious how it looks.

For anypne else interested, if you already bought css on steam previously, it will auto update when ou load/install it.

If only I wasn’t banhammered on internode, curse you 2girls!

mmm…you will get 5 mins in and wonder why you bothered reinstalling it

i might have to play with u guys…

they released it for mac today

i dunno … its supposed to be tricked up a bit chilli … and the game itself was always a fav … just the hit rego, latency issues and old looking shit finally turned me off it.

has it finally been released? i know its been in beta for bout a month, werent they switching game engine too?

I’ll have to fire up the old css again then. Of course, i don’t think i’ll last too long before i go straight back to BC2.

what a piece of shit game. Let it die ffs

/deletes

Lol, that quick, Azza?

LMFAO!!!

i agree with azza here, looks like shit plays like shit just let it die in a fire

i managed 7 rds of compound.

To not improve the mechanics of the game … just make it look better ( which it doesnt do … looks more angular imo) is just a massive let down.

Honestly … its worse than the old version … and that was shit lol

Haha, just read this thread from the start. Went from being positive to negative quicker than a fly to a turd.

LMAO, gold :laugh:

css i still think is a good game, its just been goin for too long to stay interested, maybe when a new one comes out . . .

It takes skill to play it imo, the hit mechanics are still better then most games, which makes it a good game to practice aim on, i find if i play css for a bit you can switch toi another fps and dominate., play bc2 then go to css and i get ass raped

it certainly was the shizz in its time. Nothing can top DUST!..loved that shit.

I still play CSS every now and then just to stay sharp because it’s bound to come out at every fucking lan party i go to.

tire was actually my fav map … with siege and assault close behind … mmhmmm the good ol days when it ran maxed even on a 400 celeron

yer and with bugger all lag

all the css talk is getting me hard …lol…would be awesome just to have an OE night on all classic maps…vertigo was one that didnt get a big run…siege assault and aztec were favs and Dust 2, office sucked ass and its one of the most popular