Chromiums BF3 Server

Be Advised, this thread is basically me soliciting donations from OE members, in exchange for server admin status.

[URL=“http://www.wargrounds.net/gs/1057”]

[SIZE=“3”]Server configuration
[/SIZE]
[LIST]
[]Full 64 player Battlefield 3 server.
[
]Mixed mode rush and conquest modes only.
[]All maps, for the foreseeable future.
[
]Server will be hosted in Sydney by Hypernia, my current host.
[/LIST]

[SIZE=“3”]Funding[/SIZE]

The bill will be approximately $USD 95.00 per month. I will be contributing at least $50/month or 50%, whichever is smaller.

The remaining amount can hopefully be funded by donations.

If donations are insufficient, I will simply make it a 32 player server until additional funds are donated.

[SIZE=“3”]Conditions[/SIZE]

Server name remains the same as it was for my BFBC2 server. I feel naming the server to anything containing a clan name or whatever may discourage randoms joining. “Chromium” is a pretty meaningless term tbh and not many people know or care that it is also my player name.

Donators receive server admin status (not RCON access) for the month the contribution is used on. Server admin access basically means you can use the ingame commands such as /kick, /tempban, /kill etc.

The purpose of my current BFBC2 and this new BF3 server is to excercise my coding skills. I would like to upgrade my server admin bot.

The bot is basically ingame commands with a web based management and statistics viewer. Most of you have not been introduced to the web side of it, you can see it in action here

[SIZE=“3”]Why me?
[/SIZE]
I think I have done a reasonable job looking after a BFBC2 server for the last 6 months or so, and have even given server admin to a few of you that have been active playing.

[SIZE=“3”]Donate[/SIZE]

If you would like to contribute your hard earned dough, please donate via Paypal or PM me if you dont like Paypal.

Please feel free to discuss any of the above.

[COLOR=“Red”][SIZE=“6”]Donate[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Sounds good m8 i’ll get some funds to you next payday…:yes:

pm your account i’ll just transfer straight to ya

i get paid wednesday pm me the details i’ll send some cash your way

Sounds good Chromy … we will still have a clan branded server up though - prob a 32 slot rush server maybethat we might end up using as a scrim server …

Guys as AZ mentioned we are looking at our own server and will also require donations for that.

The clan server will be a different format and used for training and branding. We can only go to the well so many times and I’m sure that no one has bottomless pockets.

The clan server is going to be critical in the first few months as we start recruiting and training

Lets all have a chat once bf3 comes out and everyones on ts etc and find the best solution…I think our bc2 server failed and noone used it but that could also come down too nobody giving a fuck about bc2 comp…

The main thing is we have people like chromy who has the time and is willing too keep a server functioning and active like he has with bc2 and inturn will draw people in and keep the clan strong…

32 player sounds good @ approx $50 a month and chromy’s server will most likely be a option for people like myself that would like some admin function and choices on a 64player server…

1 server would be ideal…if Chromy was happy with it being an OE branded server but he runs it :wink2:

yeh we need to get everyones views on this i’m all for a 64 player server (couldn’t care less if it was branded or not once you join the clan your going to know we have a server) if we want to do training we can always hire a server for free i think running 2 servers will be a waste of cash as the the 32 player one will probably only be used once or twice a week maybe chromium can put the home of OE in the sig of the server or something

That’s a good option as well