Cars, Bikes & More Cars

http://www.dailytech.com/New+Piston+Ring+Could+Drastically+Improve+Gas+Engine+Efficiency+Longevity/article19406.htm

The patented oil ring tech, known as an LKZ ring, not only can reduce oil consumption by 50 percent, but also reduces frictional losses by 15 percent (compared to standard conventional oil ring designs).

Surely this should of been thought of years ago. Nice results anyhow.

Lol, was a great picture, and here are the consequences.

lmao. Not the smartest tool in the shed.

I don’t think most throw away perfectly good BBQs.

ME LIKEY!

I’m liking the look of the torque curve (more like a freaking plateau, haha). Not really that much more power than what we are seeing out of the bigger BOSS 8s these days, but max torque from ~2000 and then practically right through the rev range would be far sweeter than my motor making peak torque closer to 4000 RPM.

me likey to :shades:

My brain just broke

:blink: FAIL

Brain goes…tilt

wtf . . .?

LOL so sad :><:

So suzuki are releasing a GSR750 to replace the GSR600.

http://www.gsr750.com/

Looks rather like an angular version of my own baby. Not sure I’m sold on that headlight tho.

That looks fantastic but not unlike yourself, I don’t like the headlight. The Z750 definitely has the advantage there.

I still like the look of your bike more, but that GSR750 is bloody nice. I think I’m starting to like the look of naked bikes more than full fairings these days.

Yeh I’ve definitely come around on em the last couple of years. Used to not look twice at em.

Still, assumin I ever make the cash to just go nuts with bikes, I love to get a proper sports bike for the weekends. Rollin along with a Ducati 1198 today. GodDAMN that thing is sweet. Also gave me a good laugh when the Italian machine just died randomly at the lights :laugh:.

Welcome to Italian motoring…

Oddly enough you quickly forgive the quirky faults and learn to live with them. My GTV was a real test for my passion. When it was raining and dark, you had the choice of lights and no wipers, or wipers with no lights, lmao.

But… on the right day, it would deliver a sensation that you’d be hard pressed to get in any of the barges that are passing as sports cars today.

Gonna leave a dent in the savings

Nice article.

Funny how they left out the Ferrari 250 GTO that sold for 15.7 million pounds…

They have every 250 leading up to it, but not the big daddy.

my muffler on monday got louder, finally got it fixed today and heres why

LOL!

yeha lol indeed, cost my folks $200 :shades:

I’m guessing that cost included a new muffler. If they just welded a new bit of pipe on it, you got screwed (should say your folks).