Az's PC

Nice pick up.

I know you said “a 6870” but I’d be so bloody tempted to take both of them off you but I just can’t afford it atm, have rego coming up soon. Nothing sucks more than being a full time student, I want spending money again!!!

hehehe … dont have both anymore nip im afraid.

Sold the second x58 sys on the w/e for $1k … been running the 1 6870 for about 2 weeks or so now ( lazy and havent updated sig).

tbh, one card on its own is handling bc2 really well as it is.

i’ll prolly hang onto this card until next w/e anyway then throw it on ocau. If your interested id be looking at $150 for it i spose. i’ll let it tempt ya for the wek heheh.

Put it on OCAU unless someone else here wants it, that’s a great price for a near new card, but I definitely can’t do it.

as of tomorrow night ill start moving a bit with the build.

got the htpc ( not happy at all but might salvage it … more at a later date on that) so currently in the process of getting that sorted.

But tomorrow i start to pick up some goodies.

One part of the equation is it just fits in the bottom of my case :wink:

Stay tuned for awesomeness

Looking forward to it.

Bring on the awesomeness…:shades:

HTPC bought :

• Antec NSK2480B horizontal HTPC case
  • Antec Earthwatts 380W PSU
  • AMD Opteron 170 2.0GHz dual-core CPU
  • 2GB DDR RAM
  • Asus A8N-VM CSM motherboard
  • ATI Radeon HD3450 graphics card
  • Asus Xonar DX sound card
  • iMon Pad remote and USB IR receiver
  • WD 640GB HDD
  • WD 500GB HDD
  • LG DVD-RW optical drive

Have bought a Silverstone LC17 for the case … so will piss the antec off ( doesnt look to bad though i might add)

Was a dick-around to pick it up on the day, so he paid for a courier… wish i hadnt as its never been cleaned (caked dirt) and the hsf was just rolling around in the case, so broke the chipset passive cooler on the mobo too. Was real happy seeing that… but will get full refund if it dont work - was a great price so im happy to see how it goes at any rate.

Tonights purchases :

RX480 xspc rad
sr1 240 rad ( 30mm thick so will fit up top)
xspc dual bay res and d5 pump.

He had heaps of compressions etc aswell but when i got there they were for 1/2" zzz ( i asked him about them previously but he failed to tell me) so i still want come compressions to make it look the sex … but i have enough barbs and shit to do it if i choose… still need some tubing though.

Pics of the lovelies either tom night or the w/e. Hopefully a pccg package wil arrive for the htpc so i can get that sorted for the wife ( since i was allowed to grab the w/c shit ( cheap too btw :shades: ))

Gonna definitely need a sale soon and ive got 4 rads all of a sudden and a collection of cases again and other shit lol.

Cant wait to get stuck into it!!

I know … im crazy but hey, the case was begging for over-the-top cooling :yes:

Haha, damn!

Won’t be long till you’ll be buying more HDDs for the HTPC. I started with 500GB which quickly turned into 3GB. The only reason it has stopped growing is because I don’t watch much of anything any more unless it’s properly good.

If I needed to pick up another rad, I’d know who to ask, lol. I guess I could mount one on the back of the… NOOOOOOOO, I’m cutting myself off.

Going to looks sweet after the upgrade. Let me know how you go with bleeding the XSPC res, I used one in a mates build. It looks the part but took a while to bleed.

This may be of some use to you even though it is a slightly different res.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?227885-XSPC-Res-Top-bleeding-made-easy&

Thanks for the heads up Nip ( might not need it as the inlet is horizontal) but ya never know.

Also, the 6970 arrived today HUZZAH!!!

got me some damn good fun this w/e now :shades::shades:

nice azza

and pics please

heres one for now … more over the weekend as i do shit and clean it all.

that quad rad is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

NICE!

That quad rad does demand respect, haha. The Silver LC17 is nice to see for a change. The Antec looks fairly nice too, something tells me that LC17 has a bit more expansion room though…

Is that a D5 Vario in the reservoir, or just the single speed version like mine?

Thought i answered ya earlier mate, sorry bout that : its a single speed like yours.

In other news, my compressions i needed and tubing has arrived much quicker than i expected which is awesome, tomorrow ill chase some 6/32x30mm fan bolts for the xspc rad ( or tap it to m4 if that proves tough to find ) Then i might just bite the bullet and pull the whole system down for the w/e and try and get it done ( on call this week so interruptions are gonna hurt me - on top of the usual suspects :wink2: )

Will see how i go anyway, and get some photos along the way:shades:

Cool, I got lazy when I was looking for suitable bolts for my first Rad, I just got some slightly thicker threaded ones and screwed 'em through, haha. Didn’t have a tap small enough.

Reminds me that I finally have time to try and modify those MCW80 blocks to get them flowing better, might attack them with the router or dremel tomorrow.

One w/e was a pipe dream lol.

Been a busy day work wise so only got a bit done. First thing was my brain actually began working … and i realised i have an adequate case sitting nearby to use ( thermaltake xaser) … so that was first priority.

Pretty much doing the easy bits first up heh … bit of cleaning and sorting the w/c gear first … then maybe tomorrow mount the 480 and have a crack at getting the top mounted rad done. Tapped the 480 threads to m4 ( easier) and the rears holes too.

Also need to get sleeving … especially that 4th fan :confused:

Rather than forget to take any pics, I actually have some of the play time :

looking good az. you lot are turning into mod freaks.

Every week there is something new :smiley:

lol … but its such good fun buz :slight_smile: buy my old w/c stuff and join the party :yes:

Will be having to make a change from my plan.

The top mounted rad wont be able to be used with the zalmans pushing air out ( as put together above). Ill need the few mm gained from having the fans hard up on the mesh ( the rad sits a few mm off due to its bigger width). As i dont want to do as others have and grind the corner off the fan to clear the mofsets etc, i will use antec 3 speed black fans ( in pull cfg) and then the rad. No biggy, just might change the lighting aspect ( but an led or 2 will be an easy fix later on.

Before i install the rads im gonna hook them all up and run the pump to make sure all is well (been meaning to do it but havent gotten around to it) - buying 2nd hand rads, id rather see a leak on the bench than in the case lol.

Looking good, man.

Got the rads mounted … little else done though as i got called out at the end of f1 until 2am :frowning:

Ive had the mobo tray in and am confident of the mobo fitting clearance wise.