Az's PC

the water reaches an equilibrium… its a bees dick difference having the cpu first or gpu(s)… dont forget the water is moving through quite fast too.

Yeah, that’s it, very hard to get your head around at first.

From moving my temp sensor around my loop from the outlet of the rad, from the res which is at the outlet of the cpu, the temp difference isn’t even .5’C at the best of times. If it was a large difference, then it would indicate that I have poor flow.

There is no hot and cold zone in a closed loop with adequate flow. The radiator is constantly extracting heat whilst everything else is constantly feeding it back in, at the rate the water moves around the loop, it doesn’t stay in one place long enough to change much in temp.

As Nip and Mac know, i managed to get that dead Gigabyte X58 Extreme sent back under RMA even though i gots no receipt ( and i forgot to tell them i bought it second hand lol).

While it has a bent pin, the board has died 100% … talked to the tech dude about the issue and when i stated i had no receipt he said its fine as the board manufacture date wouldnt be 3 yrs yet and the issue will be a replacement board.

Very handy to know if you have a giga board and no receipt… get the serial number off the outside of the atx connection port and get them to check it. Their policy states they will RMA via serial number if no receipt is provided as long asthe board was made less than 3 yrs ago ( receipt gives you 3 yrs from purchase date).

If they notice the slightly bent pin ( its actually quite hard to pick now i straightened it [and i know exactly where to look] they wont pin it on that as i got the pin layout spec sheet and seen that it is actually a ground pin and has no effect on the board) … an OCAU member sold a board with a broken ground pin which had no effect on the running of the mobo which got me looking at mine.

Im pretty confident ill get the replacement board ( was getttin tingly thinkin i might get a ud7 since the Extremes are EOL but the rma warehouse has quite a lot of spare boards laying in wait the tech told me lol) but at least i will get the board i originally bought ( brand spankas though) and will test it against the R2E. Will update with the outcome when i know.

On another note, Nip : you know how i said the R2E overvolted… i finally worked out why… reading many posts has its advantages i guess lol… LLC enabled. The R2E with it enabled makes it increase.

Now to find a difinitive answer if i should have it enabled or disabled lol.

Ah nice.

If the vdroop is acceptable with LLC off, then there’s no need imo. My board would need a fair bit more voltage in the bios with it off, which is why I use it but the GB boards LLC is a fair bit tamer compared to others it seems.

Nice stuff Az! Here’s hopin RMA comes through for ya.

Still waiting on the rma return.

Due to having a second board … as part of my plan i cheekily went chasing another 920 with better volts.

Current 920 VID was 1.27 :yucky: but managed to get to 4 at 1.306 stable ( so not bad )

Picked up another one for $200 to my door … and the vid is 1.177 - did 4.2 solid at 1.264 so its looking like a winner.

Once rma board is here it will be fun times for a bit and then more fun after that :stuck_out_tongue:

stay tuned :wink:

That chip sounds like a great one. It’s a bloody lottery, isn’t it…

Currently at 4 with 1.2 bios/1.23 windows load

Can’t do much as my nets down completely ( on phone ATM)

Dont mind the temps … tested out the Dow Corning 1996 that the bloke sent with the cpu… and didnt put enough on i think. Had to use it as my last syringe of noctua finally run out. Being more of a thick grease it requires more than normal, i was conservative the first time and went for normal application which ( now i have net back ) isnt enough.

Getting more TIM tomorrow to cover bases then ill re-apply.

Idle temps are 8-10 higher than last cpu so shows the temps will slide. Be nice to se some nice mid/low 60’s for 4ghz:shades:

Very nice. Temps aren’t even that bad. LMAO, I’ve never even heard of Dow Corning… Some chips are just hotter for the same amount of voltage compared to others. Even if they don’t drop, who cares. You’ll surely get a better result with good paste though.

This was often witnessed with the C0 and D0 CPUs. The C0s would run cooler clock for clock, volt for volt than the average D0, but the D0 would clock a shit load higher (with hyperthreading enabled at the very least). It’s a sacrifice that I was happy to make.

The Dow Corning TIM is intels stuff… used on the xeons and also new quads from what i gather. From what ive read its really good shit… just needs to be applied different than ive done previously to ensure proper contact etc.

OHHHHH, didn’t even know intel had a TIM that came in a syringe.

Board arrived today.

Not a new one which is a bummer, but at least its fixed - looks like they put a new socket on which is good.

At least it should work 100% anyway. Will test it out this weekend.

FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Board in and doing initial stock stability test and it just popped again.

These assholes better be ready monday morning for my fukin phone call.

Now to re install the r2e and hw and hope its all good.

Up your ass gigabyte!

LOL. wow, that’s a right kick to the crotch :mad2:

Its all in the communcation skills.

Blunt like a hammer in the face yields the response I wanted.

They are going to send a replacement board out at no cost to me asap.

hehe… they aim to please their “valued customers” - pity im not actually one of those … but its all the same thing in the end :wink:

N1 az good result in the end…

lol … pity about the route needed to be taken to get there (and ill wait till ive got the board in and am happy before i say im there too lol)

Serves them right for trying to fix a fucked board.

New Board arrived and the psu woot.

Last night with the current setup then its shuffle time. Might see what the board can do :shades::shades: