Az's PC

Very nice. Few angled fittings would help the tubing like you said. Cable management looks good from here. Board looks great too.

n1 m8 looking good got a nice red theme happen…me likes:wink2:

nice work!!! Looks tops

Yeep, very shmick Az :yes:

nice

Been through some flow estimations and predicted heat from the 920 and 6870’s(will be pushing just over 550w of heat i reckon under load) and it looks like the mcp350 will be the little pump that could.

With another 2 x 90 rotaries and 2 x angled rotaries it looks like i will still have approx 4-4.5lpm flow which while not awesome, will suffice.

Will need to swap out the 240 rad for a 320 to keep the Tdelta at ~6.5( not really keen on a 480 down below but havent ruled it out fully), so that means removing the hdd rack from the bottom and putting the hdd’s up top.

Will use the mcw80 gpu blocks for ze 6870s ( they have the same 53mm spacing that 5*** series runs so definite fit). Will check out keeping the stock fan on the cards for ram/vrm cooling as some did for the 5*** series … but it will come down to noise.

The case fans are nice and quiet now ive got the X station for the zalmans(noisy bastards they are), so removing the horrid amd reference fan is the main reason to get the water on the gpus… silence will be golden. Also, there should be some nice room to play with clocks :shades:.

Will spend some time planning the routing and overall layout of the final build and hopefully get it ordered in the coming weeks.

Also remember that your CPU will never be at 100% load whilst gaming and vice versa. The chance of your CPU and GPUs being at 100% at the same time is practically 0, I don’t know whether you’ve taken that into consideration with your calculations, but I thought I’d mention it as a lot of people overlook it. You might have trouble if you load furmark and prime95 at the same time, lol…

Using the stock heatsink for the VRMs and RAM is what I was going to do if I end up with 6870s, seen somebody do it before and it was easily capable.

The silence is the main reason I’m going to do it also, the loudest thing by far in my system are the GPU fans, and they aren’t even that loud, but relative to the rest of the system they make themselves heard.

Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

Yeah i know it would never happen to have max power usage unless i ran furmark and prime … but thats sorta what im factoring in … and to make sure my Tdelta is noice and low ( runnimg sub 5 atm … .dont really want to go upto 8 odd ( even though thats fine). Also, 3dmark11 fairly pushes all the hardware … probably much like 775 era hw did on vantage and id like to be able to hit some max clocks for benching on occasion.

Will all come down to $$$ … if i grab a 320 rad ill be buying the lot from PPC in the US of A as our stores dont have all i want ( some have only high density rads with the fittings, etc etc)

I priced it earlier for the rad,blocks,fittings etc and was $300 delivered … in AUS is would probably be $30-60 dearer and thats if i only went pccg and tkr when they have the stock i want in.

I might hold off the 320 and run it as is with extra fittings/tubing/blocks … just dont want to see my cpu temps and then realise i need another rad to be 100% happy lol… and be redoing it agin like i am now for the 3rd time lol.

Really cant wait to get the blocks for the gpus lol… and that pic is really testing my ability to wait lol

Edit - If i was drawing full load all over with my 2x 220qp rads id have a td of 9.13 from martins estimator … but being more generous id realistically be pulling 400-450watts so around a 7td which isnt bad. If i can spare the extra, ill grab a 320 otherwise stick with the current setup ( has its benefits as i keep the hdd’s down the bottom and not putting warm air through the drive)

I can definitely see the appeal of adding a 320 after doing it myself. Confirmed low delta using my air and water sensors. Martin’s rad estimator is a awesome tool to get an estimate. Plus a bigger rad just looks awesome, haha.

7’C Delta is still pretty good considering the extra restriction and heat dump in the loop though. It would be interesting to see the real life improvement if you do decide to hold off on the 320 for the time being. You’d near fit a 320 + 2x220s in your case if you wanted to, that would be sweet, lol.

When I saw a pic of the 6870 with the swiftech universal block using the stock ram/mem cooler, I knew straight away that it is the way I want to do it. So much cheaper than a full cover block, and there’s a good chance you can re-use the block with your next set of cards. I won’t be overclocking my card hard enough to need water cooled ram or VRMs (especially with the big ass HAF side intake). It’s more so just to keep the noise down.

I think i may do the watercool upgrade in a couple of stages.

GPU water blocks to start proceedings with some more tubing and a couple of fittings to tidy it up.

Then stage 2 will be a rather big job. Fitting an RX480 down the bottom, putting the hdd’s in 5.25 bays again , then removing the drive series. The second swifty i have i think will fit up top ( have seen it done a couple of times … although the 35mm rad with fans on will be pushing it lol) and adding a d5 pump and a res to the mix. Then sell drive series.

The top mounted rad will fit without modding( well, the fan grill will be modded, but the actualy case wont be drilled or cut etc), but since it will mean everything is out, might aswell put it apart again and give it a fresh lick of paint.

So, $500 worth of w/c aint gonna be bought at once, hence the stages … but give me time, and it shall be built.

While its excessive to the extreme, i thought " fuck it, if your gonna try and do a full water cool … do it BIG!!"

All for the quad rad down the bottom, it’s what the TJ07 was built to do. See how many alternative cases can fit a quad with such little effort, you may be looking for a while…

I wouldn’t write off the possibility of using a mcp355 either. I’d have to refresh my knowledge but I’m fairly sure that they perform better than the d5 if the loop is restrictive. They produce better pressure at the expense of noise and a bit more heat dump.

Still, I’ll vouch for the d5. Absolutely silent, they run cool and are very reliable which is good for peace of mind. They’ll still handle a multi block loop easily, I won’t be changing my d5 when I do add gpu blocks into the system.

Look and ye will find.

The 2 gpu blocks to my door for $100, and they are un-used. win!

good score

Jealous!

For a little while now ( maybe a week or just over) ive been having issues with bc2.

keeps hard crashing when gaming, as in screen freezing and needs rebooting.

So ive been slowly but surely checkign all parts of the system trying to rectify the issue.

Thought the cpu overclock might have been it, so tweaked that and 10 linx runs/4hrs prime stable - no worries.

Maybe Ram - memtested at overclock specs and default - fine.

Furmark gpus in stock cfg - fine ( stopped test after 30 mis as im not a fan of them runnign pull steam for that long imo)

CPU in stock state - 10 linx/1hr prime - fine.

Still getting hard lockups.

Got lcd poster runnign NB/SB temps, and have cpu temps and gpu temps running.

All temps are fine ( nb/sb run @ approx 56/7 during game)

Reinstalled drivers and CF apps 3 times after full cleans.

This seems to be leading me to think it must be software related … might need a full format again perhaps.

Last thing i can think of trying is rolling back the drivers to 11.1 and then 10.12 to check, and then lastly - run a single card to check and then swap.

CF detects fine and does its bit, so i certainly cant see one card being a shit.

Possibly PSU is getting too hot pushing quite a bit of load?

Its pissing me off majorly, as im normally screwed for gaming during the peak hours at noght, and now i just cant fuking play for 15-45mins+ at any time as it locks up at some point.

Silly question, but have you just tried running at stock Az?

yeah mate , all things at stock for the last 4 days trying/testing

and like i said, ive ran linx/prime/furmark while at stock and all pass fine.

Crap, sounds like you’ve been pretty thorough with the hardware, maybe nip can offer some sage advice :sweat:

Looks like you’ve covered most areas az have you tried running gfx cards individually to see if its a CF issue ?..And it wouldn’t hurt to try a different game to isolate it too a bc2 only fault… Also i’ve had ram not fault in memtest etc but would randomly fuck out which was a nightmare… Good luck m8 you might be at the stage of swapping components if thats possible to isolate the fault…

Just as clueless as anyone else here.

In this situation, this is what I would do.

1. Completely wipe and reinstall drivers (using driver sweeper whilst in safe mode).

2. Assuming that every other game on the system is running fine, re-install bc2.

3. Possibly start looking at hardware, most likely starting with the PSU considering you are running a fairly hardcore setup. Once again, testing the system on other demanding games/benchmarks should show signs of instability if there is something wrong with the PC, otherwise it is something being caused by BC2 (especially if it’s still having issues at stock settings).