Az's PC

39 minutes and i had the wc gear all off and packed away nicely… and the pc turning on. Pity it doesnt take that long to set it up lol.

Should be able to mount the mcr tomorrow and get the mobo tray sorted … then plan the cabling so i can sneak a few more holes if required … check tubing routes and then its waiting on bits :slight_smile:

Sucks balls running on stock lol ( couldnt be assed puttin the d14 back on so its stock hsf for a week lol)

Haha, know that feeling. Always finish as soon as it starts (mind out of the gutter, people).

Can’t wait to see some progress shots, definitely get some up when the MCR is up if you can be bothered.

Sucks to be on a stock cooler, my current CPU has even known that humiliation, lol.

Time isnt on my side atm which is killin me lol… want to be doing the case!!

It’ll get there … next week i should hopefully order the bits i need anyway.

2 x 90 rotary barbs for the bottom rad and deciding on angled rotaries for the block. Might go 2 x 45 rotaries to make sure they are fairly neat or the other option is 2 x 30 rotaries.

Once the mobo tray is done and i mount the mcr ( prob this w/e from the look of things) will get some snaps for ya Nip.

It’s Murphy’s law, if you didn’t have a project to work on, you’d have all the time in the world. I’ve been waiting for a some time to build my loudspeakers, but every time I have had a spare period, I’ve had something come up.

Angled fittings of some description are a big help. I’ve built 3 separate loops without using angled fittings, and each time I regretted not spending a bit more as it makes the end result far better. It’s chalk and cheese. You could get away with it with the simplicity of your old design, but your new systems going to really benefit from them. I use 45’s on the block but it really depends on the tubing angles you want.

Time still isnt my friend … and the hdd rack didnt turn up friday either … so fingers crossed monday arrives and i get it.

Managed to cut the holes under the mobo for routing … just hope i can flatten the main 20 pin so it sits under the mobo lol. really pissed i used the holesaws i had as when it broke and ran over the tray it scarred it… and then used the larger holeaw for secondary cut ( while it looks odd… i didnt want a long hole, just room to fit the 4 pcie cords) Lick of paint and some rubber protection and it will be fine.

Tomorrow i plan to mount the mcr drive so tom night ill hopefully get some pics up.

Since the second rad is here i might even see if i can make some mounts up from shit around the house as i dont need a full rad mount … i reckon some light angle will do the trick … maybe 30mm up the rad and then a large enough foot to be able to screw down behind the fans … ie screw to the front of the rad and have the foot face inwards behind the push cfg fans. Will see how that looks before finalising it. Although i kow a fair few ppl just use doubl sided tape to keep it down … i may even do that to keep it cleaner ( already a few holes drilled in from his 480 and the hdd racks … dont really want more as it ruins the case shell look imo

I’ve never been fond of hole saws either. Always opted for a stepped drill bit if I had one large enough but they usually only get a tiny bit bigger than 1/2" in diameter. Won’t see anything under the paint anyway. I used that rubber u channel stuff when I modded my case to take the second rad, keeps everything neat and tidy.

Double sided tape is fairly strong stuff, otherwise, your other suggestion is what I would of thought about doing. Bit of right angle, painted black. Can you utilise the holes he has already drilled? Regardless, I’ve used double sided tape to aid in mounting components in the past and it has always been up to the task.

Excuse the photos … was in a rush as the ratbags were getting their grubby hands too close so it was pack it up asap lol

From the photos of the efforts you can see the mobo tray has got some holes in it ( the rubber gaurding still needs to be glued on so it may have some deformation atm). Other than that, mobo done.

Pulled the guts out obviously, and have drilled the rad mounts for the mcrdrive and got the brackets made (painted black already). Will cut some rod up tonight hopefully to finish them off and them mount them (truthfully id say next w/e as then i havent got 4 extra hands but i might get time after the kids go down.

Can also see i cut a section of the rear mid plate out ( had a retangular hole already for cabling … but its a hell of a lot easier to get the cables done with the whole bit removed). Once the rads are in ill dummy run with me blue tubing to get routing right… and may need to bore another hole for the cpu>bottom rad tube ( tubing will go mcr>cpu>bot rad>mcr i reckon).

Hdd rack came today so sanded that up and painted it while i had the chance too.

Just got the bot rad brackets to size up, paint, then drill the case for fitting and its time to put all the shit back together.

Ill take some proper shots when all thats done so you can see the rads in place ( might even show the tubing route so it can be tweaked if better route can be seen…

Alas, heres a couple of shit shots :slight_smile:

I will say one thing though … and not being a dickhead either … but when its all back together and clean… fuck its gonna look good! I really hope you get the chance to grab one Nip … as i know for a fact you’d love it to death.

Ill try and get some better phoos when i got spare time to do it justice ( not my piss ant work… but the overall case and what not from Nerotic and me)

Very nice Az. Don’t know what you were saying about the motherboard tray looking a bit odd, practically looks factory to me.

Love that metal bracing, I use it with everything, haha. Easy to bend, so many uses.

It’s all starting to come together.

Haha, yeah I would be thinking exactly the same thing. I haven’t been harping on about the TJ07 for years for no reason, lol. Best water cooling case around. Nothing can pull off neatness of a tubing route like the TJ07 can.

Yeah that metal bracing is such a versatile thing … i always keep a few premades and a sheet around just incase its needed lol. I use the light guage one too… lot more user friendly than the heavier stuff

Managed to pretty much finish the case. Will route the test tube run later on.

All thats left really is a good clean, and then buy the fans, tubing and fittings if needed and transfer the guts across. Looks good though … rads still need cleaning so dont worry bout the dust in em atm.

That is epic. Rad mounts look great, bit of bracing with black paint, simple and effective.

nice az, are the rads full of dust or is it the photo?

cheers nip :).

buz : not full of dust, but the fins are dusty

Full of dust, lol. It doesn’t take much for them to look like that, trust me. They are the worlds greatest dust magnets, imo.

EDIT:

Only just spotted the rubber channel over the openings in the motherboard tray. That should say it all, looks like it’s been there from factory so my eye wasn’t drawn to it.

Also, if you manage to route the tubing so that the top barb on the bottom radiator is an outlet, it will still be a piece of piss to bleed. Won’t even have to rotate the case upside down/back to front/inside out like I do when I’m trying to bleed my loop, haha.

yeah, im just disappointed i didnt get another holesaw bit rather than using the oversized one for the gpu’s like i did. i may have to cut one more hole outside the mobo for the sata cables as the swifty is close to the tray … will look at it some more first though.

Hopefully it aint long and the bits are ordered and here so i can finish it and use it :slight_smile:

your garage door look like mine :blink:

Final parts are ordered from TKR. I pray the gods are kind and it arrives friday so i can install it all together on the w/e.

Cant wait to have the beasty done :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

:yahoo: