Az's PC

Might aswell just start a thread lol.

So I bought a TJ07. Has been modded already , which includes being painted black internally, red fans throughout and sleeved in red also, and has 2 92mm holes cut in the sides with a fan for it … this cools the hdd bays which have been moved from the bottom and cut in to the 5.25 bays crossways.

Had a good look through it and it certainly looks well done indeed. Photos dont do it justice as i havent even cleaned the case yet and it looks a hell of a lot better in the flesh.

While i certainly always wanted a tj or lian li full tower … i would never pay +$200 for a case… and never in a million years $3-400 like the tj costs. Hense my love of the k-62 ( and i still really like it … but its now #2 heh).

The most awesome part of the case … i bought it for $150 today … mmhmmm.

Im gonna keep the red theme as i just plugged the fans in and it looks shit hot!

My w/c setup was planned to keep the k62 for a damn long time … hence the external rad with plans for a 2.140 up top … that now gets thrown out the window. I really dont want to waste the $$ of the 220drive even though its not as practical anymore so i will see what it may look like mounted sitting off back of the 5.25 bays and before the mobo … that way i dont need to sell it at a loss and then buy a rad,pump and res … whats the point when i have it already. Reason also for the location is that it leaves the botom free for another rad ( which will be required when i move to HT cpu ) and psu, and the side fan and matching grill hole on the other side will feed the air for it.

So i’ll have to mock it up, make a mount system for the rad to fit in a good possie and then fit it. The case originally had mobo tray holes cut in it by the previous owner … but then he got them refilled due to having a eatx board in the end. I will probably cut them back in to make cabling nice and pretty. So ill have to repaint the mobo tray along with the rad brackets. Deciding if i keep the full black interior or maybe try a splash of red on the mobo tray and 5.25 bays. Dunno bout the colour though … had another look at the red k62 and im certaiinly not sold on the idea… might find a pic of something like it with gear installed.

Sleeving will be a thing to do at some point certainly… which i wanted to do regardless of what case i was using etc … so thats on the to do list.

First up though is getting some red tubing and getting this rad mounted so can can be using it!!

Having this case just sitting there will be very very frustrating lol… and Nip will probably be just as frustrated as his fav case would not be getting any love lol ( trust me… it wont take me long to be using it lol )

More to come at some point soon.

looks hot …

that remiands me i should put up the pics of my finished product

Nice m8 looks awesome have fun with the install…:wink2: fkn nice price btw…

Looks sweet as. The HDD bay mod is really well done too.

So I take it that you aren’t entertaining the idea of having the mcrdrive mounted on it’s side, in front of the PSU. I’m not sure if there is enough room, but I’ve seen it done with a regular 220 rad.

Just means that you’d have to screw a barb into the res fillport and have that connected to a separate res. Then you can chuck a quad or triple on the opposite side and have an ultra clean look inside the motherboard area.

Kick ass case anyway. You’d struggle to find a another that can house as many radiators as a TJ07 as neatly for the same money, even when brand new. At least you get a case built entirely of aluminium, unlike some dearer cases on the market that charge more for just a aluminium face plate and less watercooling options.

Certainly will do some measuring and thinking but doubt it will… as the drive is 309mm long due to the res and pump … so might get too close to the psu to make cabling possible … i am also entertaining the idea of putting the 220 down there and not going for a 320+ but a 2.120 rad that will then fit … and then only have a res in the mobo area. Much to think on lol

309mm is longer than I initially had in mind, probably be a bit hard in front of the PSU.

Well there’s nothing stopping you from using the mcrdrive in the normal location for the time being and then adding another double on the other side like you said. You’ll end up with just as much rad as you would of had in the Lian Li anyway, only difference is that you’ll have room to grow later on and it will be completely stealth.

It’s been hard enough for me to resist buying a TJ07 to this point, this build isn’t going to help matters. There’s more fun in designing the loop than actually using the end product. I’d chuck my HAF out the freakin’ window if I got the same deal as you just did.

looking good

looks nice man

Been stewing over it today … so i made a mock up of the mcr220 and put it in to see for fitting etc … and have deciced to put it at the back of the 5.25 bays like i said.

Also, im leaning towards putting the hdd back down the bottom too. This way i will get nice air flow for the mid mounted rad and a shade more room lol. Down below … it would mean no big rads … but i will have to put the hdd there and measure to confirm but i think a 320 will fit on the non psu side which will be more than ample. Otherwise its a 240 or 2.140 ( yeah the 140’s will fit… just have to stand them back 10-20 mm to get the air into them if i cfg them to pull air in from outside. But 120’s wil suit more asthe mesh is 120 also so wiould be cleaner.

Will check the hdd bay to make sure he didnt attack it . otherwise i might just grab another as im pretty set on putting it down there again now i think more on it.

Sounds good Az, can’t wait to see it come together. Don’t the TJ07s usually come with two HDD bays? I’m guessing you only have one. May want to ask him if he has the other.

I asked him when i bid/pm’d … only had the small box o goodies from the original … doesnt matter … they are only $15 … and only if i need it.

I dare say ill be drilling and what not this w/e … cant wait to get it under way

Ah, that’s cheap.

Going to be a good weekend for you then.

bay has been trimmed … and while i could replicate the hdd fan mount sys … i would like it to have that factory look … so i will indeed order one when i can.

also checked martins rad estimator for a pair of 220’s against the hottest cpus around … looks the goods … a 300w heat output will net me a dT of 5 so the bottom will only need a wee 120.2 … so the hdd will be sweet, and plenty of room for the cabling.

Done some searching and am yet to find a build of a painted red interior … if anyone happens across one let me know … jury is still out on painting it lol … id only paint the mobo tray and maybe the 5.25 bays … leave the rest as black.

Also thinking of dropping that 92mm side fan out and just putting some mesh up… dont really need the fan as the rad fans will be sucking it in quite well … probs going for noiseblockers or enermax magmas for that one … noctuas down the bot pushing air out of the case through the rad ( dont want visible fans down bottom i decided ( other than the hdd one )

really its just me finalising what ill do … none of you prob give a shit but i know nip is inerested so nerr lol.

will take a couple of snaps when i get into it nip … i just hope the wife lets me buy the extra bits needed to finish it up … i could jutst make brackets and set it up this w/e … but would rather wait till my finished loop is done the way i want rather than tacking bits on … and id rather see it in the case as a finished product lol

Yeah mate, keep the updates coming, for my interest at the least.

With the type of case that the TJ07 is, I’d leave the internals black imo. It’s a pity Silverstone didn’t anodise the internals the same colour as the external shell as that would be nicer again. Will keep an eye out for one with red interior anyway.

I’d hate to see a CPU that twin 120.2 rads couldn’t keep cool, should be fine with that.

Having the noctuas hidden down the bottom is a good idea for the colour matching problem.

Probably a good idea to wait anyway, whenever I’ve mounted something temporarily, I’ve never had the time to sit back down and do it properly. Better to wait and do it right the first time.

Imm interested, i just dont respond :stuck_out_tongue:

Search and ye will find.

Now that is the fuking ugliest thing ive ever seen. So glad i seen it … as it has saved me the extra work of sanding it off had i painted mine red. I should know better … the black tj is awesome… does NOT need changing lol.

Black paint will be the order of the day when the drilling happens.

LMAO, have to agree with you, doesn’t suit it at all. It actually makes it look cheap.

World wide it seems TJ07 hdd racks arent sold/stocked anymore … considering how popular the case still is i find it odd they wouldnt but ocau looks like its come to the rescue once more … hope he dont try and rob me as i really want it lol.

Typical.

Confirmed … so that will be here next week some time.