3dmark11

4ghz, gpus 970/1100

Good work, how much is left in the cards? Reckon you’ll hit 8500?

dont think there is much more tbh … i might get 980 on the core … mem not sure … reading up a bit now

4.4 on the 920, 1000/1100 on the cards.

DAMN!

dirty oc too nip … 1.32volts in bios (1.35 under load ) … this cpu is bitchin!

Hehe, that’s always nice. Just throw a bit of voltage at it and away it goes.

it does 4.2 at 1.256 … he had it there and i put it there and was 10 runs stable too… so 4.4 might need less… finally have some time to see how it runs ( and sort the llc or not for the r2e and the overvolt deal)

was actually 1.264 sorry*

Yummy, great chip.

Shit nice score az thats gonna be hard to top…:wink2: might need to find myself a 2nd card lol…

Was thinking about buying a cheaper raiden to run the 2nd monitor not in crossfire, as running crossfire you still need to plug both screens into 1 card(so heat issues prevail at idle as does voltage draw) just wonderin if you can run 2 different cards in non crossfire

As far as I know yes, even a non Radeon card should work. The only issue I’ve ever heard of was possible driver conflicts between running an AMD and Nvidia cards at the same time.

(have looked into doing this myself as at least on XP, the second monitor is not HW accelerated)

Last time I looked you could do it.

so get the cheapest card possible then to run it?

Yeah, if you’re only using it for displaying the desktop, playing videos, a low end card will be more than enough.

Really, your current card should be all you need, but if you don’t like the high idle temps, it’s a relatively cheap fix.

A 5450 is about as cheap as you can go these days, and they handle 1080P playback with ease. http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=193_1021&vk_sort=1

Here’s a guy running the same setup. http://91.151.218.11/showthread.php?t=18263482

Cheers nip and it’s not the idle temps I’m worried about, it maxes out at 102 under 3d mark which isn’t far off the auto shut down(109deg) so I’ll maybe get a
Fan controller add more watts to a few
Fans see what what the out is or I could
Put the old 8800 in as the 2nd card might be
The go

Not sure if it will help load temp at all, or by much. Considering the card clocks to exactly the same speed whether you have one monitor or two, I don’t think it can make a drastic difference. This is the opposite to the high idle temp which is caused by the card not being able to down clock itself.

A fan speed controller won’t help either as without it, the fans are already running at their maximum voltage of 12 Volts, the only thing a fan speed controller will let you do is drop the fan speed.

If I were you, to try and drop load temps I would download MSI Afterburner and use it to make a more aggressive automatic fan speed profile. If this doesn’t help, you may want to consider contacting the manufacturer and asking them from guidance as it shouldn’t run that hot in a well ventilated case like the HAF 932.

Ill check load temps tonight on 1 monitor see if it’s as bad

but i’m pretty sure the gpu fans spin up to 100% when bc2 is running, with dual monitors they sit on 100% load by the sounds of it when only 1 mon plugged in the fan speeds vary depending on the shit going on but i’ll get some readings tonight or tommorrow just did a 12 1/2 day abit shattered

Haha, no worries mate, I’d be truly buggered also.

It’s not that the GPU is always under 100% load with dual monitors, but that it can’t reduce it’s frequency when it isn’t being used, this leads to hotter temps. It’s like turning off speedstep on your CPU, the CPU will always sit at its highest frequency regardless of being put under load, or sitting at idle.

See how you go anyway, you’ll know for sure if the fan is hitting 100% as it will sound like a vacuum cleaner, haha.